Country Manager, Denmark and Norway
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science, starting with our proprietary gene therapy for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, a Novartis company, is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product is a proprietary gene therapy approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of pediatric patients with SMA. In addition to developing a treatment for SMA, AveXis also plans to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.
The role requires an experienced individual who will develop and execute a country business plan, gain access to and develop close relationship with key external stakeholders and customers in driving success; as no team is foreseen to be built in the short future, the individual will expect to show strong operational and strategical competences, and will demonstrate a can-do attitude.
The current focus of the role is on the company's lead program, AVXS-101 in SMA; over time, other product candidates and diseases may be under the scope of this role.
This position will be field based with responsibilities covering Denmark and Norway.
- Develop, implement and update a country action plan; analysis, identification of key customers, issues and opportunities and tactics/activities. This will include a plan for KOL engagement and PAG groups in collaboration with dedicated Regional Medical Director.
- In collaboration with Market Access EMEA, develop, refine and execute market access plans.
- Building up a network within the country and share knowledge with the EMEA team.
- Prepare for launch of AVXS-101, including country sales, growth and market share targets.
- Coordinate key medical expert activities, such as preceptorship, and maximize information sharing with other functions.
- Maintain excellent product and disease knowledge as well as influencing skills to maximize effectiveness and quality of the customer calls, including presentations to customer groups.
- Provide and maintain competitive information to management (e.g. tactics, activities, materials).
- Participation in national/regional meetings and medical conferences.
- Support the EMEA team with Marketing activities, Veeva Vault review and QC where needed.
- Comply with the company's and local policies, standards and procedures in every interaction
- Engender a spirit of cross-border sharing of best practices, initiatives, and assets in the region and with the global functions, enable this where it makes sense.
- Build and coordinate efficient information sharing and relationships with local Novartis affiliates top management.
- Estimate resourcing needs for the department and operate within approved budgets.
- Instill a culture of ethics and integrity and ensure compliance with all applicable policies and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree highly desired, MBA is a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years of work in international biotechnology or pharmaceutical company, preferably in different positions. Exposure to orphan drugs and/or gene therapy is a plus.
- Business savvy professional who has ability to work across multiple functions, geographies and cultures in the region and in a fast paced, ever evolving environment
- Experience with the Danish and Norwegian environment, hospital market and reimbursement system.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong formal presentation skills.
- Excellent planning and organization skills; he/she will be a self-starter.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the need to work closely with both external and internal business partners.
- While entrepreneurial, ability to maintain the highest degree of integrity, represent the company's high ethics, moral behavior, and professionalism, instilling a culture of ethics and integrity and setting up a system that ensures compliance with all applicable policies, laws and regulations and in line with the Company Values - Tenacity, Integrity and Team.
- High proficiency in problem solving and strong scientific analytical skills.
- Willingness/ability to travel up to 50-60% in the region and internationally at times.
- Fluent at least in Danish, Norwegian and English (required).
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.