Senior Manager, Payer Marketing
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science, starting with our proprietary gene therapy for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, a Novartis company, is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product is a proprietary gene therapy approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of pediatric patients with SMA. In addition to developing a treatment for SMA, AveXis also plans to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.
AveXis is seeking a positive, high-energy and agile payer marketer who will be responsible for the development and execution of initiatives aimed at US Payers and Healthcare Professionals. The Senior Manager will play a key role in supporting Payer Marketing and the Market Access team. They will be responsible for the management of day-to-day business activities as well as delivering key payer marketing support for product label expansions and launch initiatives. The position requires a highly motivated individual who can work independently, think strategically, and collaborate transversally to accomplish complex deliverables.
- Assist in development and refinement of strategy for new product launches and label expansions, with flawless execution of key payer marketing initiatives across the AveXis portfolio.
- Work with cross-functional colleagues from HEOR, Brand Marketing, Global Marketing and creative agencies to help generate key messages and tactics to support continued broad U.S. access as well as successful launches and expansions.
- Supports payer marketing efforts to support the Market Access field teams in customer strategy, planning and execution (e.g., training, account management tools/resources, and POA needs).
- Lead all payer pull-through initiatives, including design and implementation of key field access tools and resources.
- Plan and oversee execution of activities related to market access and payer-related congresses.
- Develops insights, strategies, and tactics for reimbursement, distribution, and access to include, but not limited to coverage dashboards, access website support, payer team tools, provider access tools, sales team messaging and access-related sales tools.
- Manage relationships with strategic partners and vendors (includes market access agencies) to ensure that projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner while remaining on budget; condition partners for executional excellence and hold them accountable to success metrics.
- Manage vendor contract processing (purchasing requisitions, invoices, and approvals)
- Manage sponsored laboratory testing programs to facilitate diagnosis of rare diseases and treatment with gene therapies.
- Support the development and deployment of payer marketing unbranded and branded initiatives including objective setting, content development, internal Promotional Review Committee (PRC) review, QC, production, deployment/distribution to the field and performance measurement.
- Collaborate with multiple functional groups across the organization, including but not limited to Sales, Regulatory, Market Access, Market Research, Commercial Operations, Legal, Patient Advocacy, and Medical Affairs.
- BA/BS degree in biological sciences, pharmacy, marketing or business administration or a minimum of 7 years of related experience in a prior role; Minimum 4-5 years of US pharmaceutical brand marketing experience.
- US Launch experience in orphan and/or CNS preferred.
- Ability to quickly understand and communicate all clinical data / publications to support business objectives.
- Strong market access background with emphasis on payer analytics.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritize and manage multiple projects, and effectively influence, collaborate, and communicate with internal and external partners.
- Experience working with external brand agencies and vendors on a day-to-day basis.
- Demonstrated financial and business acumen.
- A high interest in working in a "roll up the sleeves" environment of a small bio-pharma company.
- Up to 25% of US domestic travel.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.