Planner, Inventory III
The Inventory Planner manages Material Requirements Plan (MRP) inventory forecasts to support Master Production Schedule (MPS).
- Determine raw material or commodity/code needs and proper inventory levels. Create system requisitions and monitor delivery of materials, while communicating priorities to Receiving and Incoming Quality Assurance (IQA).
- Communicate with all functional areas to ensure that material needs are met (Receiving, Quality, Labs, Purchasing, Transportation, Manufacturing, Finishing, and MS&T).
- Communicate significant changes in forecast volumes that may require changes in purchasing strategy.
- Communicate with test labs and quality assurance, where applicable, to establish and track delivery dates for raw materials or manufactured products on test.
- Establish performance reports to monitor, measure and address control, where necessary, of supplier performance to assure timely and quality performance of supplier.
- Prepare monthly inventory reports to summarize current obsolete and surplus items, DOH, working inventory and total inventory. Manage timely disposition of obsolete and rejected materials through Material Destruct Orders (MDO's). Where applicable, facilitate financial coverage discussions with Brand Teams accordingly.
- Identify large Purchase Price Variances (PPV). Take a leadership role in compiling the monthly PPV reports. Research and implement improvement opportunities with Purchasing and Finance.
- Become proficient with the use of planning systems like SAP and tools like Excel. Take a leadership role in the implementation of new systems and planning new projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.