Assistant Plant Controller
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science, starting with our proprietary gene therapy for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, a Novartis company, is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product is a proprietary gene therapy approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of pediatric patients with SMA. In addition to developing a treatment for SMA, AveXis also plans to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.
The Assistant Plant Controller is a working leader within the AveXis Operations Finance organization who will drive the development, implementation, and compliance of inventory and cost accounting systems and procedures at the manufacturing facility. The Assistant Controller, Manufacturing will serve as a business partner to the site leadership team providing financial guidance and strategic counsel.
- Drive the implementation and maintenance of inventory and cost accounting systems and procedures.
- Supervise the month-end close process, including establishing formal closing procedures, providing explanations for actual versus forecast results and reliable reports with which to measure the performance of each operation against established plans and forecasts.
- Direct the annual budgeting process and development of quarterly rolling forecasts.
- Oversee the development of standard costs and ensuring the accuracy and reliability of the Company's standard cost and inventory valuation systems and procedures.
- Assisting with the development of Corporate Policies and Procedures intended to ensure that plant accounting, costing and inventory practices are consistently applied and followed.
- Embrace the AveXis culture and model work behaviors that are consistent with each of the company's core values: Tenacity, Teamwork, and Integrity.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting is required; CPA, CFA, CMA, or MBA a plus.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience of increasing responsibility across financial disciplines including:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in cost accounting with responsibility for setting standard costs and analyzing manufacturing variances
- A minimum of 3 years' experience leading a team
- Proven knowledge of US GAAP, accounting principles, practices, standards and regulations.
- Experience with ERP systems required; experience with ERP system implementation a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders and collaborate with staff at all organizational levels across various business units is required.
- Must have discretion with handling confidential or sensitive information.
- Up to 10% travel required.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.