Research Assistant-1 (Biology)
Tosk has an immediate opening for a Research Assistant-1 in the Biology Department. Position is ideal for a recent graduate seeking their first job in the pharmaceutical industry. Successful applicant will assist in the development and optimization of unique drug screens that use genetically modified fruit flies as the screening media. Scientifically intense, but friendly work environment.
- Responsible for care and maintenance of company’s fly stocks and may also be responsible for high-throughput screening of small molecule library against the company’s selected targets under minimal supervision via Tosk’s proprietary Drosophila screen platform. Knowledge and experience in fly handling are desirable.
- Design and execute molecular and cellular laboratory experiments suitable for the lead progression and develop standard operating protocols (SOP) for experiments.
- Coordinate molecular and cellular research activities with other researchers and maintain accurate laboratory record data.
- Ability to operate and maintain laboratory instruments independently and demonstrates the capability to improve laboratory procedures.
- Ability to interpret scientific data, observe deviation from the outcome and troubleshoot assays, prepare reports for weekly meetings and presentations.
Tosk is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.