Inside Sales Representative
Personalis is a rapidly growing cancer genomics company transforming the development of next-generation therapies by providing more comprehensive molecular data about each patient’s cancer and immune response. Personalis provides advanced genomic sequencing and analytics solutions to support the development of personalized cancer vaccines and other next-generation cancer immunotherapies. We partner with pharmaceutical companies at all stages of the drug development process; from discovery and translational research studies and clinical trials, to post-approval and commercialization. Located in Menlo Park, CA, we are seeking a talented and highly motivated Inside Sales Representative (ISR) to join our Team.
The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) will be primarily responsible for developing and nurturing a pipeline of immuno-oncology and targeted therapy prospects in small to mid-size biotech/pharma globally. The ISR manages inquiries by phone and/or web, identifies target accounts decision makers, sets up appointments for corporate field sales and reports results on each. Will be required to proactively initiate and manage cold call activities into a target list of accounts, warm calls from trade show and other incoming lead sources. ISR must be able to identify and qualify opportunities, build trust and credibility, deliver a clear and compelling message, uncover initiatives and gain commitment from prospect to engage with Personalis.
- Target new opportunities and follow up on leads provided by marketing programs and tradeshows. Establish need, identify key contacts and decision-makers, qualify new products, and estimate budgetary resources available
- Conduct outbound telephone and email prospecting based on lists of target customers provided by utilizing Sales Navigator and web-based search tools.
- Mine available resources to identify and extract contact information for leads and accounts (i.e. clinicaltrials.gov)
- Organization and prioritization of sales lead information into SFDC
- Work closely with field sales to ensure smooth and timely flow of qualified leads
- Maintain and increase technical product and application knowledge enabling you to provide prospective customers with compelling, accurate, and concise information about our products and prices.
- 1-2 years inside sales experience with a proven track record of success
- Must have a strong phone presence and interpersonal skills dealing with both internal and external clients, as well as prospects
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong computer literacy with current technology and software (standard office/documents programs, internet capabilities, Salesforce.com experience is preferred, etc.)
- Must be customer service focused
- Demonstrated ability to handle objections and close sales
- Strong teamwork and relationship building skills with internal and external “customers”
- Positive attitude with ability to readily adapt to change and solve problems
- Highly organized and attentive to details
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Willingness to learn and work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Limited travel and participate in tradeshows/conferences and ability to work flexible hours to coordinate geographical responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.