Associate Scientist / Scientist-1 (Chemistry)
Tosk has an immediate opening for an Associate Scientist/Scientist-1 in the Medicinal Chemistry Department. The position requires strong background in organic chemistry and practical experience synthesizing and purifying organic compounds. The ideal candidate will also have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- MS degree in chemistry with 0+ years of laboratory experience, or BS degree in chemistry with 3+ years laboratory experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Broad range of functional expertise in modern synthetic organic chemistry, compound purification, spectral analysis and interpretation.
- Ability to search the chemical literature to ascertain viable approaches to synthetic problems.
- Skills in the design, performance and interpretation of chemistry experiments with strong synthetic problem-solving skills using a hypothesis-based approach.
- Excellent communication of project rationale, key experimental results, issues and accomplishments in appropriate verbal and written form
- Good ability to manage own priorities and deliverables, both independently and in the team setting
- Familiarity with tools necessary to effectively organize, visualize and distill data to facilitate rapid decision making a strong plus but not required
- The ideal candidate is San Francisco Bay Area resident or will cover his/her own moving expenses if selected.
Tosk is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.