Sr. RA / Associate Scientist Immunology and Cell Biology
IGM Biosciences is a biotechnology company focused on creating and developing engineered IgM antibodies for the treatment of cancer patients. Since 2010, we have worked to overcome the manufacturing and protein engineering hurdles that have limited the therapeutic use of IgM antibodies, and we believe we have developed the most advanced research and development program focused on engineered IgM antibodies. Through these efforts, IGM Biosciences has created a proprietary IgM technology platform to develop IgM antibodies for those clinical indications where their inherent advantages may provide superior performance, as compared to IgG antibodies.
We are looking for a Senior Research Associate/ Associate Scientist with a background in Immunology or Cell Biology to join our growing and friendly team during this exciting time in our expansion. You will play an integral role in the pre-clinical development of novel immuno-oncology therapeutics. In this position, you will perform standard immuno-assays, in vivo studies, think laterally to solve problems, constantly improve work practices, and work productively as part of a team.
- Cell culture and primary cells maintenance and isolation.
- Develop and execute T cell assays.
- Perform analysis with ELISAs other methods of cytokine/analyte analysis.
- Utilize multicolor flow cytometry in analysis.
- Perform in vivo efficacy studies including ip/iv injections and tumor cell implantation.
- Execute basic biochemical assays (eg. Western blot).
- Communicate own work effectively orally and in writing; present data in group meeting.
- Thoroughly and accurately document experimental activities in laboratory notebooks.
- BS or higher degree in Immunology, Cell Biology or related scientific discipline.
- 3-5 years of relevant industry or academia experience.
- Must have experience in multi-color flow cytometry.
- Must have experience with cellular based functional assays.
- Experience evaluating T cell engagers.
- Proficient with basic computer programs routinely used in a lab such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism, and FlowJo.
- Highly organized with reliable time-keeping skills and able to maintain a detailed and well-organized notebook.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Being a team player and respectful of others is a must.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Able to commute to Mountain View.
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.