Research Associate II– Protein Purification
Kyowa Kirin Pharmaceutical Research, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Kyowa Kirin Co. Ltd., is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate with demonstrated technical and analytical competence in the area of antibody and recombinant protein purification and analytical characterization to support the discovery of novel therapeutics for autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. (other duties may be assigned.)
- Performs antibody and recombinant protein purification and analytical characterization with limited supervision.
- Protein Purification: concentrating supernatants, preparation and packing of chromatography columns, and conducting chromatography, including operating analytical and preparative fast performance and high-pressure chromatography systems.
- Analytical characterization: endotoxin measurements, quantitation ELISAs, electrophoresis, protein quantitation assays, Surface Plasmon Resonance, Biolayer Interferometry, analytical HPLC chromatography, and SEC analysis. Independently operates analytical instruments such as spectrophotometers, analytical HPLC, capillary electrophoresis, plate readers, light scattering systems, and biomolecular interactions analysis using Octet and BIAcore instruments.
- Formulation: formulation buffers preparation (molar concentration quantitation and pH adjustment) and formulation optimization.
- Develops new protocols and troubleshoots existing protocols.
- Participates on cross-functional teams by performing assigned experiments and offering technical advice at team meetings; shares technical expertise with other colleagues; trains or provides guidance to other personnel, if needed.
- Must be highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, well organized and work effectively as part of a team.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's (B.S.) or Master’s (M.S.) degree in biochemistry, organic chemistry, bioengineering, or equivalent; with three or more years of related experience and/or training.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, or perceived affiliation with persons belonging to these protected classes.