Scientist/Sr. Scientist-Protein Chemistry
PACT Pharma is an exciting, well-funded biotechnology company, advancing to clinical studies in 2019 with facilities and laboratories in South San Francisco, CA. PACT is developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. We are in the San Francisco bay area, in the heart of the world’s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including aggressive participation in the growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
PACT is developing tumor-mutation targeted T Cells tailored for each patient. Tumor mutation (neoE) targeting is programmed into the patient’s own T cells to seek out & kill the tumors. Using (non-viral) precision genome engineering, the neoE-targeted Tcell receptors (TCRs) replace the endogenous TCR of fresh CD8 and CD4 T cells collected from that same patient followed by minimal expansion in closed systems for re-infusion into the patient. These patient-specific neoTCR-P1 cells are formulated to immediately kill all neoantigen-expressing tumors, together with a deep reservoir of ‘ready-to-go’ neoTCR-P1 cells for long term persistence and capable of rapid expansion to prevent future cancer recurrence.
We are currently recruiting for Scientist, reporting to Associate Director Protein Sciences. This position will be based in South San Francisco.
The ideal candidate will be a highly experienced research scientist with a PhD in a relevant life science discipline with a track record of success in purifying and preparing protein samples for analysis by a variety of laboratory methods. The successful candidate should be an expert in molecular biology, protein expression, purification methods. The ideal candidate would have also extensive experience in protein characterization.
- The successful candidate will be a member of the team, led by the Principal Investigator - Protein Sciences.
- Candidate is expected to maintain rigor and quality of execution, documentation and timelines.
- Should enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic and cooperative environment.
- Strong expertise in molecular biology and high-throughput cloning methologies.
- She/he is an expert in protein biochemistry, a creative thinker to implement and develop high throughput methodologies.
- Execute transient transfection of mammalian cells for generation of large batches of recombinant protein
- Must be highly dedicated to mentor team individuals, for motivating team success, and to contribute in a collegial manner to the entire company.
- She/he must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in the form of written reports, including drafting and review of protocols, SOPs, batch records and regulatory documentation to support clinical development.
- The ideal candidate holds an advanced degree in protein chemistry/molecular biology/ chemical engineering or relevant biological sciences and whose career focus has included ex vivo cell engineering with outstanding training in work with primary human cells.
- The role demands a highly goal-driven approach and the ability to focus on time-sensitive objectives.
- The ideal candidate will have worked for 2+ years in industry with documented experience with protein engineering.
- The ideal candidate should be an expert in molecular biology and protein expression (most importantly from mammalian cell expression platforms) as well as purification methods particularly column chromatography (affinity, ion-exchange, size-exclusion, hydrophobic interaction).
- Comprehensive experience of protein analytical techniques, including SDS-PAGE, Western blots, HPLC, ELISA, Flow Cytometry, SPR, calorimetry, and spectrophotometric analysis (UV, DLS, DSF, CD etc.)
- Direct experience in the formulation and handling of protein samples for automated processes would be highly advantageous.
- Basic understanding of immunology.