Director of BioProduct Research Services
What if you could work at a company that is developing cutting edge technology poised to change the future of medicine? At Emulate, we work at the intersection of biology, engineering, and design to develop technologies that emulate human biology. Our products are enabling a new era of the development of applications for personalized health and safety. Our people are some of the most brilliant and passionate scientists, engineers, and professionals around – who are also amazing to work with! Join a company where you are making a huge impact as an individual – and you are part of an organization recognized by National Geographic as ‘The Future of Medicine’!
Emulate is looking for a leader for our Biological Services Team. This team consists of a talented group of scientists responsible for completing projects using our Organ-on-Chip technology as a service product. This services business is a key strategic component to Emulate’s business model, which makes this role critical to our commercial success.
- Provide scientific oversight to all service projects from multiple Organ-on-Chip areas (e.g. model: liver, intestine, kidney, etc/application: toxicity, pharmacokinetics, etc)
- Responsible for overseeing the technical conduct of a study as well as for the interpretation, analysis, documentation, and reporting of results
- Draft and/or oversee all SOWs and agreements for service contracts
- Oversee and/or draft scientific documents such as study reports, protocols, and SOPs
- Plan and/or design studies to generate high quality scientific results and generate revenue
- Partner with the Commercial Team to meet or exceed revenue expectations for the Services function
- Ensure project deliverables are met according to contractual expectations
- Assist with the development of streamlining the service contract process
- Communicate with external partners and/or users throughout the life cycle of service contracts
- Maintain current regulatory awareness (domestic and foreign)
- Provide weekly project status update and regular scientific data update internally
Desired Skills & Experience:
- PhD, 5+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical industry or MS, 10+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical industry
- In depth background in biology (3 major organ systems – liver, intestine, and kidney), DMPK, toxicology, and disease areas
- Experience working with CROs and service contracts required
- Strong scientific writing skills including experience writing SOWs, scientific reports, protocols, and SOPs
- Experience managing the projects in GLP level
- Experience leading the IND level program
- Skilled in performing scientific presentations and preparing scientific publications is preferred
- Must have strong scientific acumen
About Emulate, Inc.
Our Human Emulation System, which uses Organs-on-Chips technology, is being used by industry, government, and academia to understand how different diseases, medicines, chemicals and foods affect human health. The system offers researchers a new standard for predicting human response — with greater precision and control than today’s cell culture or animal-based experimental methods. We are also leading a bold, new precision medicine initiative with our clinical partners. Named "Patient-on-a-Chip," the program is developing personalized chips with patients' own cells. This initiative will help transform the way each of us understands our own bodies and manages our own health.
Research conducted using our Organ-Chips has been published in high-impact scientific journals, including Science and National Geographic. In addition, Organ-Chips have been acquired by the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York for their permanent collection, and have also been awarded Product Design of the Year 2015 by London’s Design Museum. Our founding team pioneered the original Organs-on-Chips technology during their residency within the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University.
Emulate is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take unbiased action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Our methods for hiring include ensuring that all available opportunities are fairly promoted — via online globally available channels — in a manner accessible to all potential applicants.