Chief Operating Officer
Sonoma BioTherapeutics is looking for a COO to join the senior leadership team. Reporting to the CEO, the COO will have responsibility for design and execution of the overall business operations strategy for the Company. To accomplish this, the incumbent will work closely with the CEO and CSO, who oversees of Translation Medicine and Research & Development to ensure alignment of business, research and clinical objectives. The COO is responsible for the efficiency of the business, which includes maintaining control of diverse business operations and establishing and following a set of policies and processes.
Essential Job Functions
The COO works closely with the CEO and other members of the leadership team to
- Design and implement finance and administration strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.)
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
- Assist CEO in fundraising ventures
- Participate in business development and expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in fundraising will be a plus
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Strong influencing skills.
- Critical thinking capabilities.
- Ability to work independently and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Introduction to the Organization
Sonoma BioTherapeutics is a for-profit biotechnology organization whose mission is to accelerate the development of immunological cures for autoimmune diseases, organ transplant rejection and other inflammatory diseases through cell-based therapeutic approaches. The Company is based in the Bay Area, California.
Compensation will include a combination of a competitive base salary, bonus and equity.
Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid time off (PTO)
Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
Life Insurance coverage
The COO will be based in the Bay Area, California.