Chief Scientific Officer
Sonoma BioTherapeutics is looking for a CSO to join the founders as a member of the senior leadership team. Reporting to the CEO, the CSO will have responsibility for design and execution of the overall research strategy for the Company. To accomplish this, the incumbent will work closely with the CEO and heads of clinical and business operations to ensure alignment of research, clinical and business objectives. Developing a programmatic approach to delivering first Treg products to humans, with a set of clear objectives, along with an ongoing discovery effort are key components of the role. The CSO will manage a large group of scientists and project managers to accomplish the goals.
Essential Job Functions
The CSO works closely with the CEO and other members of the leadership team to
- Develop the overall research strategy for the Company and ensure integration with other units.
- Oversee the R&D and Translational Sciences, including discovery, in vivo modeling, and process development
- Work with collaborators outside the Company to initiate and support projects and programs across the multiple enterprises.
- Evaluate and include (when appropriate) external technologies in Company programs
- Expand the external scientific visibility and reputation of Company through publications, presentations and representing the organization at appropriate functions.
- Review and advise on IP protection.
- PhD or MD/PhD is required for this position with at least 15 years of experience in drug discovery and development.
- Industry or biotech experience is strongly preferred.
- Significant track record of leading R&D partnerships with academia and other pharma/biotech companies.
- Widely recognized scientific leader as demonstrated through patents, publications, invited talks, and/or collaborations.
- Strong understanding of basic and translational immunology in autoimmune disease, organ transplantation and inflammatory diseases in general.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Critical thinking capabilities.
- Capable of decisive and accountable decision-making
- Ability to work independently and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Introduction to the Organization
Sonoma BioTherapeutics is a for-profit biotechnology organization whose mission is to accelerate the development of immunological cures for autoimmune diseases, organ transplant rejection and other inflammatory diseases through cell-based therapeutic approaches. The Company is based in the Bay Area, California and Seattle, Washington.
Compensation will include a combination of a competitive base salary, bonus and equity.
Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid time off (PTO)
Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
Life Insurance coverage
The CSO will be based in the Bay Area, California.