EXCITING AND UNIQUE RESEARCH ASSOCIATE OPPORTUNITY
at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in Plant Microbiome Research
The Singer Group seeks to develop state-of-the-art plant growth chambers (“EcoPODs”: https://sites.google.com/lbl.gov/ecopods/) that allow direct and intensive monitoring and manipulation of replicated plant-soil-microbe-atmosphere interactions.
This position is for you if...
• you like to troubleshoot, optimize protocols and workflows relevant for laboratory and field work
• you enjoy multi-disciplinary problems (biology and engineering)
• you want to gain unique experience in the plant microbiome world at a National Laboratory
Essential for Research Associate
• BA/BS in Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or related field.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or related field
• Motivation to work independently and persistently on various biological and engineering problems
• Ability to successfully work in a dynamic team environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Optional knowledge skills & abilities:
• M.Sc. degree in the relevant fields in Microbiology, Plant Biology, or Molecular Biology
• Extended knowledge in plant-microbe or other host-microbe interactions and microbial ecology
• Preferred experience in plant maintenance in greenhouses or other types of growth chambers
• Preferred experience in metabolomics and soil nutrient analysis
• Preferably three to five years’ experience in molecular biology or plant microbiome experimental design, greenhouse and/or growth chamber maintenance, plant cultivation
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory encourages applications from women, minorities,
veterans, and other underrepresented groups presently considering scientific research careers.