Sr. RA, Process Development & Scale-Up
We are looking for a hands-on Senior Research Associate to join our R&D department in developing and scaling up production of animal cells. As a Senior Research Associate, you will be an important member of our Cellular Agriculture team, responsible for developing processes using animal cell culture. You will be involved in cell line adaptation, media development, bioreactor studies, and developing bioprocessing conditions that optimize process performance. As each project matures, you will assist in scaling-up the process.
A big component of making food accessible is creating scalable processes and products. This is a unique opportunity to work side-by-side with talented stem cell biologists, molecular biologists, process engineers and culinary chefs at a cutting-edge food technology company on one of our newest product platforms. This is a full-time role and the work will be done on-site at JUST, Inc.
- Culture and characterize unique animal cell lines used to produce clean meat
- Develop efficient and cost-effective animal cell culture processes
- Optimize chemically defined cell culture media with special emphasis on cost
- Routinely conduct flask and bioreactor studies
- Thoroughly document experimental results in laboratory notebook and written reports
- Analyze experiments, present data and draw conclusions
- Develop, revise and maintain Standard Operating Procedures
- Manage and organize laboratory equipment and reagents
Education & Experience
- BS/BA with at least 4 years of animal cell culture experience or MS with at least 2 years animal cell culture experience in a research and development environment, bioreactor operation and process scale-up experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience in growing and adapting animal cells to suspension
- Familiarity in testing and developing cell culture media
- Involvement in writing SOPs and other technical documents
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and self-start attitude
- Enjoys working cross-functionally and collaboratively
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously
- Strong communication skills verbal and written
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Additional Information & Requirements
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Just, Inc. participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.