Fate Therapeutics is currently seeking an experienced procurement professional to be responsible for management of organization-wide procurement activities. This person will be a key member of the corporate operations and facilities team responsible for development and management of a new procurement software system and strategy for sourcing Company materials, supplies, equipment, and services.
This position reports to the Senior Director, HR & Operations and works closely with our corporate operations and facilities, finance, legal, IT, research, technical operations, supply chain management, and quality assurance team members to manage our purchasing system and develop scalable procurement systems and solutions.
This position is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA.
• Oversee all procurement activities and issues, and act as primary point of contact with vendors, contractors, and Fate personnel for such issues; manage supply and delivery of materials and services to ensure efficient operations.
• Monitor and maintain Company purchasing system.
• Monitor and understand Company internal controls associated with procurement, ensuring compliance within the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley controls environment.
• Develop and drive procurement strategy by negotiating contracts and pricing with existing vendors; lead competitive RFP process and supplier proposals management as required to maintain competitive pricing and high-quality service, with the goal of reducing overall costs and ensuring availability of key materials and services. • Develop annual procurement objectives in line with finance and corporate objectives.
• Build relationships with internal customers to ensure purchasing initiatives are being met.
• Partner with operations, finance and accounting to select and implement new organizationwide procurement system and procedures.
• Implement, manage, and lead new systems and trainings while ensuring all requisitions and purchase orders are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Work closely with operations, facilities, IT, research, technical operations and legal to procure capital equipment and in the negotiation of related services agreements.
• Initiate and lead projects for improvement and streamlining of procurement across all departments.
• Manage purchasing staff including leading team meetings, providing continuous career development and training.
• Support finance, corporate operations and facilities teams as needed with ad hoc assignments to facilitate Company operations.
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum 7 years of procurement, materials planning, lab operations management experience in biotech or life science industry
• Demonstrated skills in vendor selection and evaluation, negotiating and managing vendors and contracts • Prior experience implementing and managing procurement systems
• Experience supporting procurement for biology and cGMP facilities highly preferred
• Experience working in Sarbanes-Oxley compliant internal controls environment highly preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Ability to work onsite at corporate headquarters during business hours; high degree of flexibility to work off hours and weekends as needed
• Ability to work well in a growing organization cross-functionally; must be able to wear multiple hats, prioritize, meet deadlines, and communicate at all levels of the organization
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
• 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required from time to time.
For consideration send cover letter and resume.