Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
The Associate Scientist / Scientist will be responsible for the oversight of one or more Oncology biomarker programs in the early development stages of the molecule. The incumbent will lead Biomarker subteam(s) for programs in clinical development before approval, and may run a small laboratory group focusing on predictive biomarker development efforts. As a biomarker subteam leader, the incumbent will represent OBD on clinical and core teams and will develop and execute the personalized healthcare (PHC) strategy for the respective therapeutics. The successful candidate is expected to effectively lead cross-functional teams and to publish innovative biomarker or disease focused research in high quality scientific, technical or medical journals as well as present at international meetings. Effectively communicating to and develop collaborative relationships with key investigators and opinion leaders will be an essential part of the assignment to push biomarker science forward.
- Provide exceptional scientific leadership with in OBD, as well as to other functions, subteams / teams at Genentech / Roche.
- May develop and effectively manage a small laboratory group, predominantly focused on scientific support for molecule programs
- Represent the biomarker strategy and plan of an Oncology therapeutic to the early stage project teams and oncology biomarker review forum or decision committees.
- Lead and drive biomarker related studies and collaborations as well as data analysis and interpretation for an Oncology therapeutic project
- Drive scientific and technical innovation collaboratively with other members of the Department
- Participate in, or lead, disease focused translational biomarker programs, or develop a key focus on novel technologies that advance clinical biomarker assessment
- Publish in high quality scientific, technical or medical journals
- Represent OBD externally through presentations at key National / International meetings, interactions with our key investigators
Who You Are
- PhD, MD or PhD/MD degree in a relevant scientific field (e.g. pathology, molecular biology, cancer genetics, cancer biology, molecular oncology) with experience post-PhD studies in either an academic or industry setting
- Preferred candidates will have quantitative analytic skills to apply large scale genomic data sets in clinic studies
- Preferred candidates will have experience in oncology, cancer signaling pathways, drug development and clinical trial experience.
- Consistent record of cutting-edge research and / or clinically-related science as evidenced by first- or senior-authored publications in top-tier journals
- Recognized scientific leadership as documented by references and external presentations
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate effectiveness and growth in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
At Genentech, we share salary ranges with applicants during the recruiting process, if requested. Third party salary estimates may not be accurate or up-to-date.