Regional Business Director (Northeast Region)
This is a field based position covering the following states: New York, New Jersey, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania.
The Regional Business Director (RBD) will be responsible for building the culture of the organization through living and demonstrating our values each day and holding others accountable for them. They’ll keep these values at the forefront of all their interactions with their leadership, colleagues and customers to serve the needs of patients. In addition, they’ll create a climate that is conducive to sales success for their teams with a focus on setting clear expectations, coaching their teams to a high standard and gaining a team commitment to achieve our goals. In short, they’ll continually foster a culture and climate that top professionals want to be a part of and contribute to daily.
The RBD will also be responsible for ensuring sales forecasts and budgets are met or exceeded by the sales team. They will build thorough, innovative and strategic business plans that provide a clear path to impacting our business and establishing our brands in the marketplace. They will maintain a positive outlook, be solution oriented and work to understand our customer’s needs. In addition, they’ll keep abreast of the market dynamics to anticipate hurdles and challenges that may emerge and prepare, in advance, to minimize their impact on our business by framing situations with new perspectives and ideas.
The RBD will also demonstrate leadership on a consistent basis by setting a purpose and a vision that motivates and inspires others to exceed their goals. They’ll demonstrate emotional intelligence, be good listeners and collaborate across the organization to achieve Rigel’s broader vision. They will continually think broadly, beyond the scope of their sales leadership role, and contribute to the company’s overall strategies and tactics that will serve our patients and customers.
The RBD will also attract and retain top talent to meet our current and future business needs. They’ll coach and develop their people to achieve and exceed their goals by providing open, honest and timely feedback both verbally and in writing. They will also lead people to maximize their strengths and inspire an entrepreneurial, business ownership mindset that’s accountable for driving results. They’ll also demonstrate innovative thinking in regard to the full utilization of our resources to impact the market and always put the needs of our customers and patients first.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• BA/BS degree required
• 7+ years of Hem/Onc experience
• 3+ years of leadership experience
• Scope of Responsibility: Broad geographical account management, high dollar revenue, KOLs, IDNs, academic centers
• Top performer with documented results
• Business Ownership Mentality: Accountability, Commitment to customers and team, Performance in all environments
• Extensive relationships in the Hem/Onc market
• Breadth of experience: Training, account management, leadership, reimbursement
• PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk; sit; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some travel may be required.
Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by the law.