Regional Marketing Manager (Field Based Nationwide)
The Regional Marketing Manager (RMM) will report into the Associate Director, Medical Marketing. The RMM will be a critical member of the TAVALISSE marketing team helping implement regional peer to peer commercial efforts to support overall brand objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintaining a uniquely deep and nuanced understanding of regional Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and other influencers, treatment and utilization trends and opportunities and challenges for the brand and marketing tactics within the region.
• Continually identify and develop KOLs, to consistently build advocacy for Rigel and TAVALISSE
• Lead and moderate regional advisory boards
• Manage regional component of TAVALISSE Promotional Speaker’s Bureau, both in programs, analyzing metrics, and training speakers for the programs
• Lead Marketing based peer-to-peer initiatives at regional conferences (e.g. product theaters)
• Attendance and insight collection from pertinent national, regional, and local level conferences and symposiums
• Collaborating with sales leadership on key regional insights to inform national strategy, and continual partnership with sales leadership to implement customized regional marketing tactics
• Generate and communicate actionable insights to help inform national strategy, customizing tactical execution, and driving efficiencies in marketing spend
• Execute the strategic imperatives of the national brand plan and help drive brand awareness at the local level
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related fields (required); MBA (preferred)
• 7+ years of relevant pharmaceutical or healthcare experience, hematology and oncology marketing and sales experience required
• At least 2 years' previous direct experience with hematology thought leaders with demonstrated access to key accounts
• Commercial hematology or oncology launch experience preferred
• Ability to process a great deal of information in a fast-paced environment
• Active hematology KOL relationships in current geography
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with both Academic and Community KOLs
• Proficiency in the development and execution of marketing initiatives
• Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding qualitative and/or quantitative goals.
• Strong team player and motivated individual contributor
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Highly professional person with high ethical standards and integrity
• PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk; sit; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Position will require significant travel (e.g., key customer engagement, advisory boards, medical conferences, home office visits, etc.). Travel will occur approx. 35-50% of the time.
Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by the law.