Scientist, Upstream Process Sciences
IGM Biosciences is a biotechnology company focused on creating and developing engineered IgM antibodies for the treatment of cancer patients. Since 2010, we have worked to overcome the manufacturing and protein engineering hurdles that have limited the therapeutic use of IgM antibodies, and we believe we have developed the most advanced research and development program focused on engineered IgM antibodies. Through these efforts, IGM Biosciences has created a proprietary IgM technology platform to develop IgM antibodies for those clinical indications where their inherent advantages may provide superior performance, as compared to IgG antibodies.
We are hiring a Scientist in our Upstream Process Sciences group to join our rapidly growing team. In this important position, you will support the development of novel antibody products by helping to create upstream processes producing these therapeutic antibodies. You will perform cell culture process development, scale-up, and technology transfer to help advance novel cancer therapies into human clinical studies.
- Independently design, execute, and interpret cell culture experiments to answer specific scientific questions.
- Experience with operating benchtop bioreactors, pilot scale bioreactors and mini bioreactors such as AMBR250.
- Develop innovative technologies and enhance cell culture process understanding.
- Scale up cell culture processes in a 200 L disposable bioreactor.
- Collaborate closely with purification development group and other groups to meet project timelines.
- Lead the tech transfer of cell culture processes for GMP manufacturing.
- Participate in platform optimization efforts. Expertise with media/feed optimization and perfusion cultures is a plus.
- Write technical development reports, GMP campaign summary reports and relevant sections in regulatory filings.
- Publish or present scientific findings in peer-reviewed journals or conferences.
- Scientific degree in chemical engineering, bioengineering, or a related field, with at least 0 to 2 years of direct experience for Ph.D., or > 6 years for M.S., or > 8 years for B.S.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office.
- Aseptic technique.
- Able to multitask.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Able to commute to Mountain View.
This job involves working under BSL-2 conditions.
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.