SRA, Upstream Process Sciences
IGM Biosciences is a biotechnology company focused on creating and developing engineered IgM antibodies for the treatment of cancer patients. Since 2010, we have worked to overcome the manufacturing and protein engineering hurdles that have limited the therapeutic use of IgM antibodies, and we believe we have developed the most advanced research and development program focused on engineered IgM antibodies. Through these efforts, IGM Biosciences has created a proprietary IgM technology platform to develop IgM antibodies for those clinical indications where their inherent advantages may provide superior performance, as compared to IgG antibodies.
We are hiring a Senior Research Associate in our Upstream Process Sciences group to join our rapidly growing team. In this important position, you will support the development of novel antibody products by helping to create upstream processes producing these therapeutic antibodies. You will maintain and expand cells, support the upstream PD lab, and set up and execute antibody production runs at scale up to 200 liters, or larger if needed.
- Maintain and passage CHO expression cell lines.
- Transfect plasmids into expression cells for transient production.
- Select and expand expression cell lines for both stable and transient production.
- Maintain upstream development lab.
- Determine expression titer by ELISA and other techniques.
- Document results in laboratory notebooks.
- Research literature to identify alternative methodologies and solve scientific problems, establish and qualify assays.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, and detailed protocols.
- Share data with management and team members.
- BS/BA or higher degree in a biology-related discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience working with mammalian cell culture and bioreactor/wave systems.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office.
- Aseptic technique.
- Able to multitask.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Able to commute to Mountain View.
This job involves working under BSL-2 conditions.
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.