Research Associate / Scientist
About ImaginAb: ImaginAb is an emerging immune-oncology imaging company developing a pipeline of novel products that give physicians unprecedented insights into the patient’s health—enabling better patient selection and treatment monitoring for immuno-oncology therapies and other drugs.
Harnessing the specificity of monoclonal antibodies, ImaginAb designs and engineers small, highly targeted proteins known as minibodies that image important molecular targets using standard Positron Emission Tomography (PET).
Our imaging tools help physicians answer important clinical questions, improving the path of care and ultimately helping patients live longer, healthier lives. We are located in Inglewood, CA.
Position: Scientist (Research Associate) (Assay Development)
Summary: In this position, you will be responsible for developing, qualifying and transferring quantitative assays in support of early research, lead candidate screening, release and stability testing, product characterization and optimization, and regulatory submissions. The ideal candidate has documented experience in assay development for biologics in a small biotech or large pharmaceutical company. In particular, hands-on experience optimizing ELISA assays, and other in-vitro and cell-based assays is required. Familiarity with statistical analysis of results from bioassays is required.
This role is predominantly lab-based and requires the ability to independently conduct all aspects of the job with minimal supervision. The candidate will be responsible for drafting SOPs and technical reports. Interface with Quality Assurance, and transfer procedures to external CROs and cGMP manufacturing partners.
The candidate will provide technical expertise, trouble-shooting and identifying potential areas of improvement in analytical procedures. You will also conduct process qualification/validation campaigns and contribute to the preparation of regulatory filings. This role will also contribute to the development of different biological assays involving Flow Cytometry, Biocore or Octet, cell-based assay, and other tests for antibody screening campaigns. Experience working in QC environment is greatly valued.
Below are the essential duties, but they are not an exhaustive list of all duties to be performed:
- Lead and execute all aspects of assay development and assay qualification.
- Optimize and qualify ELISA assays.Support lead candidate screening campaigns.Willingness to learn new assays as they become necessary.
- Comfortable with statistical concepts related to quantitative bioassays, such as Accuracy, Precision, Linearity, Sensitivity/Specificity.
- Draft assay’s technical reports and SOP.Support transferring procedures to external CROs/CMOs.
- Comfortable contributing to regulatory filings.
- Work independently with minimal supervision, but also flexible to accept external inputs, and comfortable working in a small team.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree in biology or biochemistry, or related discipline with 5+ years of experience in QC or assay development of biologics in a small biotech or pharma company
- Extensive hands-on experience with Enzyme-Linked Immuno-Sorbent Assay (ELISAs)
- Hands-on experience with flow cytometry and other analytical laboratory techniques: cell-based assays, Biacore/Octet, gel electrophoresis
- Experience drafting assay qualification reports
- Strong analytical skills with ability to resolve problems and undertake proper corrective steps
- Demonstrated superior communication and collaboration skills
- Strong organizational, planning and follow-through skills
- Proactive work ethic and attention to details
- Commitment to a rigorous data documentation and data recording
- Ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines
Out of area candidates are accepted; however, ImaginAb is unable to offer relocation reimbursement or stipends at this time.
Salary and Benefits:
ImaginAb offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience, a generous health benefit stipend, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k to full time-employees.
ImaginAb, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristics.