Associate Director, Center for Observation Research and Data Science
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Associate Director, Research, is an individual contributor responsible for performing non-interventional research projects in support of key customer groups including Worldwide HEOR, PV&E, regional and local HEOR teams, WW Medical and others. Project work includes support of protocol development, identification of appropriate data sources, execution of protocol-related programming, analysis and summary of data and collaboration with customer on presentation of results. In addition, this role will supply methodological expertise on non-interventional research methods to the Center of Observational Research & Data Sciences (CORDS) team and the broader BMS outcomes research community, serve as a knowledge resource for the data development team, work with the Director, Research, to coordinate therapeutic area support and communication, and mentor Manager, Research staff.
- Conduct non-interventional research projects using retrospective data resources in support of CORDS customer needs
- Communicate project status and results effectively to all stakeholders
- Engage with customer teams on protocol development, statistical analysis, interpretation and presentation of results and strategic direction of messaging and research needs.
- Provide scientific leadership and guidance related to health and economic outcomes research using non-interventional methods
- With guidance from Group Director, assist staff with execution of research projects across customer teams
- Mentor staff in development of functional and behavioral skills related to job performance.
- Engage key CORDS customers in research and market access needs assessment in order to plan and execute value-focused research projects
- Assess information environment and analytical tool set to ensure current needs are met and future needs are communicated for assessment by CORDS Data Development team
- Complete other duties as assigned by Director, CORDS
- Masters in biostatistics, epidemiology or related quantitative research field; PhD preferred
- 5-7 years experience in pharmaceutical outcomes research, pharmaco-epidemiology, health services research or related field
- 4+ years experience using large retrospective data sets in the conduct of epidemiologic and economic research
- 4+ years experience with statistical programming using SAS
- Experience with protocol development and execution for health and economic outcomes research projects
- Proven strong writing and oral presentation skills
- 3+ years project leadership experience preferred
- An ideal candidate will have some experience with the following tools and data analysis methods:
- Software: SAS, R
- Data analysis methods: predictive modeling, decision tree analysis, clustering, data mining, data processing, genetic algorithms, machine learning, active machine learning (optimal experimental design), Bayesian optimization
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.