Pilot Plant Tech I/II/III/IV
- Learn and follow department policies, procedures, and guidelines. Complete documentation and supporting data per current good manufacturing practice policies, procedures, and guidelines. Note quality issues and initiate, review, and address with appropriate people.
- Review procedures and batch records, and make suggestions for improvements. During pre runs, post runs, and when reviewing direction sets identify issues (safety and process) and help to correct them. Routinely involved in initiating or writing basic operating procedures. Considered an expert on department procedures and processes.
- Consistently give an accurate and complete material and equipment status report when handing off manufacturing process. Set up equipment to accommodate minor processing changes. Assist in the preparation for upcoming projects for process.
- Assist with engineering and validation groups to implement new equipment into operations. Be actively involved in Validation activities.
- Communicate with warehouse to ensure timely and proper staging for process. Acknowledge commodity needs and order needed supplies.
- Assist as back up Team leader and/or floor trainer, if applicable.
- Perform analytical calculations for equipment as necessary. Inspect equipment for cleanliness and sign off per procedure at the end of the process.
- With the help of process support, identify process hold points and arrange work schedule to meet the needs of the process.
- Assist vendors, safety engineering, maintenance and other applicable areas with the implementation of safety changes and concerns.
- Consistently provides process feedback or participates in tasks that demonstrate a fundamental understanding of GMP manufacturing requirements.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required; Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in a scientific related field is desirable.
- At least 8 years manufacturing experience in a chemical, pharmaceutical, or similar environment as an Operator or Technician is required.
- Knowledge and use of various tools, machines, instruments and safety devices utilized in chemical or pharmaceutical operations is desired.
- Experience with validation, technical troubleshooting, and document management is required.
- Requires basic technical or mechanical background and knowledge.
- Must have ability to read, understand, and follow verbal and written operating instructions and the processes and flows described on equipment and computer monitors.
- Must have ability to write at a level sufficient enough to explain deviations or mistakes in the process.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply, use decimals, and fractions, recognize and measure proportions, and do basic algebraic math at an intermediate level of competency.
- Works autonomously using sound decision making skills.
- Must be able to lead cross-functional teams to ensure positive outcomes meeting the business objectives. Ability to train technicians and technical support staff on tasks.
Posting Grade: 5/6/7/8
Job Grades are determined by the country in which the payroll is based.