Principal/Senior Scientist Chemistry
KQ Biosciences is committed to the discovery and development of innovative drugs to transform cancer treatments. KQ Biosciences brings together an accomplished management team and distinguished scientific founder to translate innovative research to novel therapeutics. Our team has a proven track record of drug discovery and development, having played pivotal roles in the discovery of multiple clinical-stage compounds as well as approved drug for the treatment of cancer and immune-mediated inflammatory diseases.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, creative Principal Scientist or Senior Scientist to join our experienced drug discovery and drug development team in San Diego. This candidate will report to the Director of chemistry and work closely with members within chemistry, biology and DMPK team to drive early discovery research programs into early clinical development while providing scientific and technical expertise. This is a hands-on position with responsibility for the design, synthesis, analysis and characterization of small molecule compounds. The ideal candidate will have practical experience in aspects of organic chemistry and medicinal chemistry with relevant industrial experience. A strong team player who enjoys scientific discovery and has the ability to communicate and collaborate in an interdisciplinary environment is essential. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on multiple programs within the company’s pipeline which comprises potentially first-in class approaches & novel-novel targets.
- Compound design based on structural biology and SAR knowledge
- Execution of synthetic routes to prepare small molecule compounds for evaluation
- Document, organize/interpret experimental data
- Participation on drug discovery project teams, providing chemical expertise and contributing to the design of new drug candidates
- Preparation and communication of research results in both oral and written format
- Present at group and company program meetings
- Contribute to a fast-paced, dynamic, data-driven scientific culture that embraces innovation and excellence
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry with minimum 5 years industrial experience or M.S. in organic chemistry with minimum 10 years industrial experience
- Strong experience in structure-based drug design methods and applications
- Familiarity with relevant biological and DMPK disciplines and the ability to integrate these disciplines into the structure based design of new bioactive compounds
- Proven track record of delivery of small molecule therapeutic candidates in the pharmaceutical industry
- Track record of accomplishment in medicinal chemistry as evidenced by quality and quantity of publications/inventions
- Strong written and communication skills, good problem solving abilities, and an ability to work effectively with a diverse team of co-workers in a dynamic environment
KQ Biosciences offers an attractive salary and benefits package, including equity incentives.