Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate - Tissue Culture
Locana is a well-funded start-up biotech company pioneering the development of RNA-targeting gene therapies to treat rare and life-threatening genetic diseases. We seek passionate and self-motivated individuals to join us on this mission. We are currently looking for a highly motivated individual with experience in molecular biology to join our research and development team for construct cloning, cell culture, assay development, automation and testing.
The Cell Culture position in research and development will be responsible for culturing different cell lines, primary neuronal and muscle cells, stem cells and testing Locana’s platform vectors in these cells. This position will play an important role in R&D for screening therapeutics for gene therapy.
- Maintain and propagate various cells lines, primary cells, and stem cells.
- Create cellular disease models under scientific supervision
- Transfect/Transduce cell lines for testing therapeutics
- Cellular assays with reporters such as luminescence, fluorescence etc.
- DNA and RNA isolation and testing using qPCR, FISH, and Immunofluorescence in multi-well plate assays.
- Plan, execute and analyze experiments under minimal supervision, utilizing molecular techniques.
- Examine data and prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analysis, ensuring experiments are well documented.
- Work in a team environment, collaborating with various colleagues across multiple departments.
- Additional activities as needed.
- Master’s degree in Cell biology, Molecular Biology related technical field, or 5+ years of equivalent industry or academic experience with a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of cell culture and cellular assay design is essential.
- Knowledge of cell viability assays, qPCR, and nucleic acid isolation is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of cellular microscopy and morphology
- Cell sorting
- Cellular assay development
- Experience with automated liquid handlers
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate’s qualifications. Locana offers competitive compensation and benefits programs. Locana is an EOE.