Specialty Rep. - Richmond E, VA
Territory: W2B002 - Richmond E, VA (White Team)
Covering: Richmond E, VA
No relocation assistance provided for this position.
Amgen therapeutics have changed the practice of medicine, helping millions of people around the world in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses. With a broad and deep pipeline of potential new medicines, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve people's lives.
As a Specialty Representative/ Oncology Specialist, you will act as the primary customer contact for demand creation by executing marketing strategy and promoting Amgen products as led by the District Manager. In this strategic role you will provide current and comprehensive clinical knowledge of Amgen's products and effectively communicate the clinical and economic benefits of the products. As a sales leader you are expected to achieve territory sales by executing Plan of Action (POA) marketing strategies, which includes delivering branded sales messages, executing planned programs, scheduling and following-up with medical educational programs, and achieving or exceeding sales targets. Specialty Representatives/Oncology Specialists are also responsible for servicing and managing accounts, which includes ensuring product access, resolving/triage reimbursement issues, and maintaining product contracts. Additional responsibilities involve providing feedback on marketing strategy and effectiveness reviews of sales activities and territory analysis, in addition to developing territory plans with your District Manager.
- Sales Planning & Organizing
- Leveraging Business, Industry, & Technical Knowledge
- Communicating with Impact
- Driving For Results
- Cultivating Internal & External Relationships
- Bachelor's Degree
- Associate's degree and 4 years of Sales experience
- High school diploma/GED and 6 years of Sales experience
- Sales, marketing and/or clinical experience within pharmaceutical, biotech, diagnostics, healthcare insurance, pharmacy services, healthcare medical device or medical supply industries
- Product or hospital sales experience in the areas of oncology, nephrology, dermatology, rheumatology and inflammation is highly preferred
- Neurology, endocrinology, hematology, gastroenterology, or infectious diseases, and the diseases and treatments involved with these specialties is also highly preferred
- Local Market knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences or Business Administration