Associate Business Systems Consultant - R&D Finance & Operations
Business point of contact representing Business Technology Solutions (BTS) Information Research (IR); brokers contracts between BTS and the business, resolves client and BTS relationship issues. Manages and provides expert advice on the selection, design, justification, implementation and business use of information systems that align with business initiatives. Analyzes business processes; elicits, analyzes, and documents business requirements; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility and makes recommendations typically seeking to exploit and leverage new or existing technology components. Translates business requirements into functional requirements; performs data and process modeling; manages change; and leads, coordinates / performs testing, verification, and validation of requirements.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Elicits and communicates the organization's business strategy; works directly with business unit clients to understand specific business processes, needs and opportunities for improvement; identifies IT capabilities and information required to support the business processes and collaborates in the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative technology solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices. Proactively seek out strategic business opportunities with business unit executives for the application of new or existing technology capabilities.
- Develops technology strategies that meet the requirements of the business. Identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies. Ensures compliance between business strategies and technology directions. Prepares testing plans to confirm that requirements and system design are accurate and complete.
- Conducts training. Identify process disconnects and translate them into improvement opportunities with cost savings or avoidance, productivity improvements, or revenue generating business benefits. Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other BTO's to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Manages relationships between clients involved and BTOs to assure effective communication between the groups is occurring. Brokers services within BTS community on behalf of customers; coordinates system solutions.
- Allies with other BTS functional areas to remain current on project status, and inform customer management of progress; conversely, keeps BTS managers aware of user issues and resolves conflicts.
- Identifies the impact of any relevant statutory, internal or external regulations on the organization's use of information.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives of assignment. Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects. Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments. Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization decisions are made. Also accountable for communicating the business need and drivers to development groups to assure the implementation phase can fulfill the business need.
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 6+ years of related work experience
- Experience working with the following technologies in a Business Systems Analyst, Project Manager, Product Manager, or other IT capacity: Salesforce (i.e., Apttus), .NET, Oracle Database, Java, XML, APIs, Python
- Business systems analysis and/or project management experience working on cross-departmental, multi-channel, and enterprise level initiatives
- Experience working independently and developing technology roadmaps for medium and long-term planning
- Experience with SDLC Waterfall and hybrid Waterfall with Agile SCRUM methodologies
- Experience with Phase 0 activity: technology assessments, scoring and recommendations to senior management for vendor product solutions, custom development solutions and redesigning legacy applications
- Experience facilitating business process improvement discussions, cross-functional workshops and business requirements gathering sessions
- Experience managing technology implementation teams, both internal and third party
- Experience interacting and presenting to all levels of management, including proposing recommendations, reviewing risks and mitigation strategies, and presenting complex data process flows
- Experience taking complex information and presenting the information in a straightforward, visual and succinct way using PowerPoint, Visio or other visual presentation tools
- Experience working within a highly regulated environment with patient data, quality/validated systems, financial data, and/or operations data
- A big plus: experience working with pharmaceutical finance, clinical operations and/or clinical study related systems