Senior Associate Contracts and Pricing -- Chargebacks
As a key member of the Channel Analytics and Operations team within Strategic Pricing and Contracting (SPC), this position is primarily responsible for providing timely and accurate chargeback credits and information to Amgen's trading partners by conducting appropriate analysis and accurately resolving discrepancies of the chargeback data. Additionally, this position will be expected to provide input regarding the optimal implementation solutions to support upcoming contracting strategies and future discount programs.
The Senior Associate will be expected to identify problems, propose solutions, and manage execution. Additionally, this role will engage with key trading partners to build an effective and collaborative working relationship and provide timely support to ensure accuracy of customer pricing. The Senior Associate will engage in cross functional internal and external collaboration, appropriately are critical to success in this role.
Additional responsibilities include participation and leadership of planned and ad-hoc key initiatives across multiple Amgen functions as well as with outside vendors; monitoring contract changes and collaborating with Information Systems (IS) to develop application requirements to ensure operational feasibility and process efficiencies; executing compliantly within the operational guidelines of the government pricing sub-certification and Sarbanes Oxley processes; and identifying and recommending process improvements and leading implementation efforts.
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of Contracts and/or Pricing and/or Sales Operations and/or Finance experience
Associate's degree and 6 years of Contracts and/or Pricing and/or Sales Operations and/or Finance experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Contracts and/or Pricing and/or Sales Operations and/or Finance experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years of experience in Contracts and/or Pricing and/or Sales, Operations and/or Finance
- Internal Amgen experience or experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment
- Advanced computer & M/S Office skills with emphasis in Excel - ability to develop spreadsheet models for moderately complex financial analyses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrated ability to deliver formal presentations and communicate effectively within the department.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to identify problems, propose solutions (from a strategic and operational perspective), and manage execution.
- High attention to detail/reporting accuracy, while also able to focus on the overall problem/solution
- High tolerance for ambiguity, and the demonstrated ability to multitask and manage multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to translates high volumes of data into meaningful information to support key business decisions
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvement opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects and make decisions with minimal direction and to develop prioritization and completion timeframes for multiple assignments
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to own a project from inception to completion
- Can effectively articulate and influence a meeting outcome with SPC attendees with some managerial support
- Team player, looks for ways to support team members
- Ability to effectively represent his/her team in a complex matrix organization with cross-functional groups within SPC and support functions
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to lead projects
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply regulations associated with relevant legal issues
- Demonstrated ability to provide analyses and recommendations to support decisions by team management
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.