Manager/Senior Manager - Flow Cytometry Core
Fate Therapeutics is seeking a talented and highly motivated individual with a breadth of flow cytometry expertise to lead the flow cytometry core in support of the Research and Development groups. The successful candidate will manage the flow cytometry core daily functions, lead company-wide training sessions, evaluate new technologies, and execute and analyze experiments using flow cytometry to develop and characterize novel hematopoietic cell-based therapeutics.
The ideal candidates should have experience managing daily operations of the flow cytometry core, performing cell sorts, designing multi-color flow cytometry experiments, and facilitating highlycomplex data analysis.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director, Process and Assay Development and is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego.
• Operate and maintain multiple state-of-the art flow cytometers and fluorescense-activated cell sorters with support from flow cytometry core associates
• Partner with scientific staff to design and optimize flow cytometry panels, design experiments, and analyze data • Establish and oversee the flow cytometry core user training program, seminars, and user groups for new instrumentation
• Thoroughly evaluate emerging flow cytometry and related technologies in relation to company objectives, develop and present longer-term plans for building the flow cytometry core to support those objectives
• Assist in the transfer of assays to the QC team and external partners for use on clinicalstage cell therapies
• Work with our bioinformatics team or external groups to develop automated gating strategies and other tools to analyze multi-parameter flow cytometry data
• Work with manufacturing and quality teams to establish and perform GMP-compliant cell sorting
• M.S. or Ph.D. in Biological Sciences or other related field and 8+ years of flow cytometry experience
• Experience operating and troubleshooting FACSAria, Sony FX500, or other cell sorters is required
• 2 or more years of experience leading and providing operational management of a Flow Cytometry Core
• Demonstrated strong theoretical and practical knowledge of the fields of Stem Cell Biology, Immunology and/or Cancer Biology
• 12+ color flow cytometry experimental design and optimization, surface and intracellular antibody staining techniques, data acquisition, and data analysis expertise are required
• Expertise in using BD FACSDiva software, FlowJo, Kaluza, Cytobank and/or other flow cytometry analysis software is required
• Experience developing or partnering with bioinformatics team to develop R-based flow cytometry data analysis tools is preferred
• Attention to detail, excellent record keeping abilities, and willingness to work in a collaborative environment are a must
• Experience working in a GMP environment or operating under a quality system is preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
• 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
• Occasional evening and weekend work will be required
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required from time to time.
For consideration send cover letter and resume.