RA, Pharmacology & Immunology, Cytometry
aTyr Pharma is a biotherapeutics company engaged in the discovery and development of innovative medicines based on novel immunological pathways. aTyr’s research and development efforts are concentrated on a newly discovered area of biology, the extracellular functionality of tRNA synthetases. aTyr has built a global intellectual property estate directed to a potential pipeline of protein compositions derived from 20 tRNA synthetase genes. aTyr is focused on the therapeutic translation of the Resokine pathway, comprised of extracellular proteins derived from the histidyl tRNA synthetase gene family. ATYR1923 is a clinical-stage product candidate, based on the Resokine pathway, which binds to the neuropilin-2 receptor and is designed to down-regulate immune engagement in interstitial lung diseases and other immune-mediated diseases. aTyr is publicly traded on Nasdaq under the symbol “LIFE”. For more information, please visit http://www.atyrpharma.com.
The successful candidate will play an important role in developing assays to support ongoing clinical trials as well as preclinical studies using multi-color flow cytometry. In this role, you will design, execute and analyze complex multi-color flow cytometry experiments from human as well as animal samples. A key area of focus for this position will be in developing assays to probe human T cell function. Flow cytometry instrumentation upkeep will also be an area of special focus in this position. You will design, execute, summarize and present the results of your experiments.
The role requires the ability to collaborate with colleagues in a cross-functional, intensely fast-paced team environment. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible with the ability to handle rapidly changing objectives and timelines. Extensive flow cytometry experience using human primary cells or ex vivo mouse samples is required. The candidate should also have experience purifying cellular populations from blood and/or tissue using magnetic separation techniques. A solid understanding of flow compensation and data analysis is preferred. Sufficiently deep understanding and hands-on experience with data analysis and corresponding software to support assays of this type (FlowJo, Excel, GraphPad Prism) is required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive experience in designing & conducting multi-color flow cytometry experiments
- Experience aseptically isolating and stimulating human peripheral blood samples.
- Experience analyzing flow cytometry data using FlowJo platform preferred
- Background in maintenance and upkeep of a flow cytometer
- Experience quantitating protein analytes using ELISA and/or multiplex immunoassay platforms preferred
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Should work with minimal supervision and a high level of initiative
- Must be attentive to details
- Must be skilled in FlowJo, Windows, Microsoft Office and GraphPad Prism
- A background in Immunology is preferred but not required.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. from a top university with minimum of 2+ years of experience
Further Recruiting Information
For additional information about aTyr Pharma, please visit our website at www.atyrpharma.com.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, aTyr Pharma also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) Plan.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter.