Accounts Payable Specialist
Principia Biopharma is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to bringing transformative oral therapies to patients with significant unmet medical needs in immunology and oncology. Principia’s proprietary Tailored Covalency® platform enables the Company to design and develop reversible and irreversible covalent, small molecule inhibitors with potencies and selectivities that have the potential to rival those of injectable biologics, yet maintain the convenience of a pill. PRN1008, a reversible covalent BTK inhibitor, is being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial in patients with pemphigus, an orphan autoimmune disease, and in a Phase 2 clinical trial in patients with immune thrombocytopenic purpura, a rare hematological disease. PRN2246, a low dose covalent BTK inhibitor which crosses the blood-brain barrier, is being developed for multiple sclerosis and, potentially, for other diseases of the central nervous system. It has completed dosing in a Phase 1 clinical trial in healthy volunteers and has been partnered to Sanofi. PRN1371, a covalent inhibitor of Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor, or FGFR, is being evaluated in a Phase 1 trial in patients with solid tumors.
The position reports to the Associate Director, Accounting. The successful candidate must possess excellent customer service skills and interacts well with all functional teams. Responsible for all accounts payable records and transactions in accordance to SOX controls.
· Process daily accounts payable transactions in Concur and Microsoft Dynamics GP, in accordance to policies and SOX controls.
· Review invoices for vouching, completing PO matching and obtaining internal approval for service invoices.
· Process employee expense reimbursement submissions in Concur and Microsoft Dynamics GP, in accordance to company T&E policy.
· Perform month-end reconciliation for accounts payable and other related accounts.
· Perform daily reconciliation of bank accounts in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
· Review purchase requisition to ensure proper classification of accounts, departments and projects.
· Prepare and review open purchase order report in support of month-end expense accruals.
· Support external auditors quarterly reviews and annual audits.
· Participate in special Finance/accounting projects.
Outstanding ability to clearly articulate accounting and controls concepts, facilitating consensus and adoption of policies, processes and accounting treatments
Effective process and project management skills
Excellent teamwork and cross-departmental collaboration skills,
Independent, innovative, and creative thinker; yet detail oriented and hands on
Ability to multitask as needed in a high growth environment
AA degree or Equivalent
Five or more year in Account Payables
Knowledge of ERP processes and controls, preferably Concur and Microsoft Dynamic GP
Knowledge of employee expense reimbursement systems and controls, preferably Concur
Required proficiency with Microsoft office suite (Excel, Outlook, and Word).
Preferred Additional Skills:
BS/BA in Accounting or Business related
Knowledge of biopharmaceutical industry