Associate Director, Contracts Administration
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical stage biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of seven drug candidates in various stages of development targeting liver, metabolic and ophthalmic diseases and cancer. The most advanced drug candidate, NGM282, is entering Phase 2b clinical studies in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). NGM’s strategic collaboration with Merck, which was extended to March 2022, will continue to provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
The Associate Director is required to have broad knowledge of best practices in pharmaceutical related contract types and is required to manage a contracts administration group performing contracts services as well as perform contracts services which include, but is not limited to drafting templates and customized contracts, negotiations, drafting custom language and finalizing contracts. Applicable contract types include a) Non-Disclosure, b) Clinical (CRO, GLP laboratory, supply chain, clinical trial site), (c) Manufacturing (upstream process to create drug substance and downstream process to create drug product), (d) Pre-Clinical (non-GLP laboratory, research collaborations, licenses consultants, fee for service), (e) General Business (software, facilities, and equipment) and (f) all other agreements not included in the foregoing. This position is required to ensure the quality, correctness and compliance with company standards of all agreements prior to company execution and manage the effective use of the contracts administration database, and other duties as may be assigned.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities
- Management of the work assignments and contracting activities of the contracts administration group. Assures coordination of outsourced contracting activities, and main point to problem solve and for escalation.
- Maintains positive and collaborative relationship with contracts managers, administrators, vendors and internal business partners. Determines potential need for contracts, including contract amendments.
- Assure that contractual terms and provisions are in compliance with corporate process, systems, and strategies.
- Perform contracts review, negotiation and drafting for complex contracts.
- May perform special projects as identified by executive management or business need.
- Oversight management of the Contracts Administration Database to include assignment of tasks and maintaining the integrity of the system.
- Contribute to improving processes and establish refinements that reduce cycle time and improve efficiency in the initiation of clinical trial sites.
- Collaborate with other members of the Contracts team to ensure proper dissemination and management of knowledge and to meet team goals and objectives.
- Train others group members on group/departmental processes and operational activities
- Uses broad expertise or unique knowledge and skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Identifies and implements methods, techniques, procedures and evaluation criteria to achieve results.
- Applies strong analytical and business communication skills.
- Strong contract language drafting and negotiation skills.
Proficient with Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Biotech/Pharmaceutical Outsourcing experience.
- Understanding of Clinical Trials, Drug Development, Phase I through Phase IV
- Excellent oral and written communication in multi-cultural settings
- Contracts database management experience
- Paralegal Certification or Contract Management experience in Biotech Preferred
- 10 or more years of experience in life sciences legal or contracts management field as a Contracts Manager/Senior Contracts Manager or Associate Director Preferred
- BS/BA degree in related discipline and twelve years of related experience; or,
- MS/MA degree in related discipline and ten years of related experience; or,
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Typically requires a minimum of 10-12 years of related experience and/or combination of experience and education and training.
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply"