Senior Scientist III Engineering
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Strategic leader on one or more synthetic API isolation and final purification steps including but not limited to: crystallization, polymorph control, drying, and particle size distribution control. Influences the approach to unit operation design and commercial control strategy implementation.
- Leads technology transfer of small molecule chemical process from lab and pilot scale to production manufacturing facility
- Influences the development of control strategy to ensure commercial process robustness and product quality at one or more sites globally
- Has developed a strong understanding of commercial manufacturing facility equipment such as reactors, centrifuges, filters dryers and auxiliary piping and utilities.
- Conceptualizes and implements novel approaches using combinations of engineering and scientific principals
- Utilizes knowledge of engineering, literature, and experience to guide decisions for complex situation
- Must have an in-depth understanding of the cause/effect relationship to use for improvements to multiple processes and product
- Independently designs and coordinates experiments to test hypotheses related to project outcomes; extracts the full relevance of scientific observations
- Applies extensive, advanced scientific knowledge to multidisciplinary projects.
- Assures experimental quality through sound experimental design and provides advice on experimental design. Successfully designs and executes major studies.
- Implements new technical alternatives for research from literature review, industry knowledge, and development experience.
- Familiar with lab environment and safety practices; assumes higher roles of responsibility in department or division (e.g., Dept./Div. Representative).
- Applies advanced technical writing skills to produce technical reports and regulatory filings.
- Anticipates, recognizes, and resolves problems. Shows understanding of the issues relevant to the broad organization and business.
- Demonstrate the ability to resolve key project hurdles and assumptions by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise
- Publish research in peer-reviewed journals and present work at scientific conferences.
- Proactively seek out new information in the literature and incorporate this into individual project(s) as well as the overall program.
- Seize opportunities to pursue project relevant leads that are in line with the group's strategy.
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug and radioactive compounds, GxP compliance, and animal care where applicable.
- May mentor/supervise a team of one or more and guide and evaluate the performance of those individuals; is accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals.
- BS in Chemical Engineering or related field with minimum 12 years of experience
- MS in Chemical Engineering or related field with minimum 10 years of experience
- PhD in Chemical Engineering or related field with minimum 5 years of experience