Research Associate, Cell-based Assay Development, Neuroscience
Uniquely positioned to enhance quality of life in aging, at Alkahest, we are pioneering science that is rapidly being translated to the clinic. Our approaches utilize in vivo, in vitro, proteomic, and molecular techniques to identify new therapeutics and apply them to patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate / Senior Research Associate, Cell-based Assay Development, Neuroscience, who will help establish in vitro cellular assays to enable bioactive screening and mechanism of action studies. The candidate will be assisting Alkahest’s scientific team to establish, validate, and implement scientific methodologies to understand the biology of our therapeutics at the core of the company’s mission. Studies performed will involve cutting edge science and require innovative concepts and strategies.
This role requires dedication to drive science, ability to multitask, excellent communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team of scientists and research associates to drive multiple projects in parallel in a fast-paced environment.
Alkahest offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, annual bonus potential, stock options, opportunities for career growth and development, and a work environment that is collaborative, collegial and lots of fun.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Isolating, purifying and maintaining primary neurons, glia and neuronal progenitor cells
- Designing, planning, and performing cellular experiments
- Use of molecular and biochemical analysis methods, immunocytochemistry and microscopy
- Apply high throughput imaging and analysis techniques
- Generation and maintenance of stable cell lines
- Investigating and developing new methods and technologies for project advancement
- Data analysis and regular presentation of scientific data to the team
- Maintaining familiarity with current scientific literature
- Interfacing on a regular basis with lead scientific staff to organize, coordinate, schedule and execute experimental work.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor or Masters degree in biology, cell biology, or neuroscience is required
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively advancing responsibilities and technical experience in the lab
- Experience with immunocytochemistry and microscopy is required
- Multiple years of experience with primary neuronal tissue culture and cell-based assay development is required
- Experience with other peripheral primary cells, iPSCs and stem cells/progenitor cells is a plus
- Experience with FACS, qPCR and Elisa is a plus
- Experience with cell-based medium-throughput screening assays is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills that enable the individual to interact with all levels of management, technical and scientific personnel
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, microscopy software and analytical packages such as Prism