We are an emerging immunotherapy company that has completed its Series A financing and we are based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our technology combines an oncolytic virus with an immune cell to create a cancer therapeutic. We are seeking a motivated laboratory scientist to perform pre-clinical studies for our cell-based cancer therapy. The person we are looking for is well organized, has good communication skills, and can work both independently and in multi-disciplinary teams. We are seeking candidates with experience in working with pathogens, specifically viruses, who are proficient in cell culture, and have GMP or process development experience. We are seeking candidates with laboratory assay experience for monitoring cytokines, chemokines and cytotoxicity. Hands on experience in flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, cell harvesting, and Luminex is preferred.
- Drive development of methods for growing, activation and monitoring immune cells and oncolytic virus to be used for cancer immunotherapy.
- Characterization of immune cells and their function in trafficking and tumor killing in vitro, and in preclinical animal models of disease.
- Investigate mechanism of action.
- Optimize and develop protocols for tech transfer to GMP manufacturing.
- Analyze and present experimental data.
- BA, BS (Microbiology, Immunology, Hematology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology), MS, PhD with one to two years of experience.
- Experience in cytometry, cell-based functional assays and primary tissue culture.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with JMP, FlowJo and Python is desired.
- Ability to collaborate in a dynamic and innovative research environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and industry standards.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance