- Performs planned maintenance and electrical safety inspections on a broad range of biotech R&D equipment and selected support equipment in compliance with established standards.
- Manages all assigned equipment and schedules service.
- Performs pre-acceptance inspections and develop PM procedures on equipment; maintains files on procedures and manuals.
- Ensures test equipment is working properly and calibrated within established intervals.
- Responds expeditiously to calls from R&D departments to evaluate and rectify valid operator complaints and concerns.
- Researches and initiates orders for repair parts, working within established budget parameters.
- Maintains purchase order log and validate invoices for payment (field service personnel only).
- Provides informal training to equipment users and Eurest Services Group staff as requested or when circumstances dictate.
- Makes recommendations to the Department Manager regarding service strategies on equipment; keeps supervisor informed of activities, needs and problems.
- Participates in the Quality Improvement / Risk Management program by gaining an understanding of the issues and concerns of customers and making recommendations for improvement.
- Maintains an orderly and functional work environment.
- Provides emergency on-call responsibilities as needed.
- Documents all significant asset related actions in compliance with department practices.
- Participates in department meetings.
- Collaborates with fellow technical personnel in department meetings to ensure they are kept abreast of technical updates and/or device related problems.
- Associates degree in electronics/biomedical equipment technology, military training or equivalent experience
- 2 years servicing test equipment in a biotech environment
- For field service positions requiring travel, valid driver’s license is required
- Ability to work independently with some supervision
- Good communication and strong customer service skills
- Good organization and time management skills
- Working knowledge of computer applications pertaining to tracking service histories and producing reports on assets
- Good trouble-shooting skills
- Ability and willingness to serve "on-call" duty as required
- Strong work ethic and ability to work as a member of a team