Research Scientist – Functional Genomics
The Trans-NIH RNAi Facility (TNRF) at National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS), National Institutes of Health (NIH) is looking for Research Scientists at our Rockville, Maryland location with expertise in cell-based assay development and functional genomics screening. TNRF establishes collaborations with disease experts and utilizes high-throughput functional genomics screening platforms (RNAi/CRISPR) to discover functional elements of biological pathways and potential therapeutic targets for diseases.
The selected scientist will be joining a multidisciplinary team in a highly collaborative environment developing disease-relevant screening assays and involved in many aspects of the functional genomics screening programs including assay design, assay optimization/miniaturization, HTS, data analysis and follow-up studies. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, an independent thinker, a thorough and meticulous experimentalist, a team player and able to multitask in an interactive setting. In addition, the individual will keep accurate and complete records of all scientific experiments. S/he will draft technical reports, manuscripts and present work as needed.
- Ph.D. in Biology or a related discipline; three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Master’s degree is equivalent to a Ph.D. Five (5) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor’s degree is equivalent to a Ph.D.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience.
- Experience in cell-based assay development and RNAi/CRISPR functional genomics screening platforms.
- Experience in molecular biology techniques, including but not limit to qPCR and Western Blot.
- Experience with lentivirus production/transduction, stem cell culture, flow cytometry, high-content imaging and laboratory automation is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to learn, operate and troubleshoot complex laboratory equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task effectively in the laboratory.
- A demonstrated proclivity towards improving processes and delivering practical solution.
- Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.