Project Manager, Global Public Affairs
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing critical projects across all Therapeutic Areas and Patient Advocacy within GTAPA, focusing particularly in Cross-Therapeutic Areas Public Affairs strategies and on executing critical tasks associated with reporting, measurement and review processes.
Key responsibilities include:
Key responsibilities include:
- Support Global Public Affairs leadership aligning with all brands planning processes timelines and reviews across global marketing, commercial development, areas and affiliates. Support the Material Review processes with Medical, Regulatory, Legal and OEC, as applicable, for press releases, affiliate tool kits and other materials; keep relevant parties apprised of status, timelines and directional shifts to ensure smooth review process and to meet corporate deadlines. Support cross-TA measurement and reporting to management, areas and affiliates Developing, streamlining and aligning on GTAPA social media campaigns and web enhancements. Coordinate with other CRBC functions, as well as areas and affiliates when applicable. Tracking of budgets, SOW and POs for the department. Administration of group interaction tools, such as collaboration tools, shared drives, distribution lists, archiving tools. Support of Patient Groups sponsorship process - compliance processes, affiliate coordination meetings as needed Coordination of milestone reporting in formats such as weekly highlights, planning calendar and other trackers or newsletters. Oversee implementation of tactical program elements and ensure deliverables are on time/on budget. As applicable, manage agency resources and other vendors to ensure successful completion of projects and assignments within allocated budgets.
- Understanding AbbVie's business model and strategy in the context of market dynamics, and the potential impact of internal and external changes. Consistently informing work by knowledge of the healthcare industry and economic environment, key stakeholders, competitive dynamics and legal, regulatory, compliance and policy requirements. Having a learning mindset, digging deep for insights to guide actions and routinely measuring to determine impact. Having an open-minded test and learn approach that improves performance through measurement, analysis and proactive course correction when needed. Applying critical thinking by objective analysis and evaluation to develop evidence-based recommendations. Proactively prioritizing and making smart choices, focusing on the most efficient and effective ways to change behavior by delivering an integrated stakeholder experience. Establishing a clear and vital role on cross-functional teams, demonstrating credibility and value. Listening and responding with empathy, using an awareness of their own and others' emotions to guide thinking and behavior. Using a deep understanding of the needs, perspectives, objectives and influence chains of internal and external stakeholders to guide decisions. Effectively influencing, aligning and motivating others to make recommended decisions and take action in the interest of patients Demonstrating excellence in written and oral communication skills. Determining the best way to deliver stories and messages, proactively or reactively, based on an understanding of influencers, media and channels. Proactively anticipating potential issues facing the organization and crafting appropriate and effective responses. Reacting calmly but quickly to unexpected issues, marshalling the right stakeholders to develop an aligned response. Strong project management skills, managing through timelines. Effectively planning the key components of a program, estimating resource needs and timing. Delivering programs to timelines and budgets, flexibly managing priorities and dealing with contingencies. Awareness and understanding of digital/social channels (including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn). Understanding, championing and nurturing the AbbVie brand, reflecting it in visuals, tone of voice and behavior.
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in communication, marketing or business administration; Master's Degree preferred
- 2+ years of project management, marketing or public relations experience required
- Experience working with Senior Management and a diverse customer population
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time