Senior Project Manager - US Commercialization
Amgen is seeking a Senior Project Manager - US Commercialization based out of our headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA who will report to the Program Management Leader with matrix reporting into the Medical Lead Launch Readiness Team (LRT) Lead for commercialized products or products under development / various identified launch products.
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) will drive the development and execution of high quality, regional, integrated cross-functional medical plans for projects within the commercialization process and apply project management best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control, and closing of projects. Further, the SPM will support the strategic alignment of regional activities with global Commercialization as well as partner with regional launch leads on preparation for launches in collaboration with the regional US team and affiliates.
The Senior Project Manager - Senior Project Manager - US Commercialization is specifically responsible for:
- Provides program management to Program Management as well as to the assigned medical teams LRT
- Drives cross functional decision-making and develops and applying best practice project management to Amgen's commercialization process
- Ensures alignment between local US, regional and global strategy and plans
- Leads risk and issue identification and mitigation for key risks and issues
- Ensures communication of local US, regional and global program information to local US, regional and global stakeholders
- Partners with program Global Program Management (GPM) and global SPMs to ensure alignment of regional US program plans
- Supports development and execution of regional US program strategies - including collaborations with affiliates as needed
- Ensures affiliate US specific plans and activities are adequately reflected in regional program strategy (aligned with global strategy)
- Collaborates with regional affiliates and regional management as well as global program teams (and its sub teams) team to provide documents and information needed for
- Supports the communication of US insights into the global PT for consideration when developing the global product strategy
- Develops regional and local US activities in line with regional and global strategies through collaboration with the medical team- including affiliate launch preparation
- Ensure affiliates establishment of realistic US launch plans and utilize LRT and launch lead to monitor progress towards launch and post-launch progress assigned products including distributor team in LRT activities to ensure launch plans for distributor countries are established and executed
- Manages program launch preparations for products in region / affiliate US and ensure they are integrated into the cross-functional plans, dashboards
- Partners with regional non-medical functions to facilitate engagement with affiliate teams development of cross-functional strategies
- Develops regional /affiliate US project plans and deliverables
- Communicates, escalates and resolves regional cross-functional issues and mitigation plans thereof to the regional team
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Project Management experience
Master's degree and 4 years of Project Management experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Project Management experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Project Management experience
High School diploma / GED and 12 years of Project Management experience
- 8+ years of industry experience in the Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, or other Healthcare-related field
- 4+ years of experience in a drug development Project Management role
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams
- Drug Development knowledge with basic to strong understanding of other functions relevant to the position which may include: Research, Preclinical, Clinical, Manufacturing, Commercial and Regulatory Utilization of Project Management tools, methodologies, practices and infrastructure, as related to the Biopharmaceutical Industry
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.