Associate Endpoint Security Engineer
Amgen is searching for an Associate Information Security Engineer, who will report to the Senior Manager Information Security and will be based in Tampa, FL, at Amgen's new Capability Center. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. The Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission.
This state-of-the art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world's leading biotechnology companies. As an Endpoint Security Associate, you will be a technical security domain expert for a very diverse set of endpoint security solutions. You will be responsible for endpoint security for incident management, change execution, and the maintenance and support of endpoint security technologies in a rapidly changing security sector.
The associate will have the responsibility of ensuring endpoint security solutions and policies are on track to meet and respond to threats inside of the company's environment. You will ensure that all technologies are operationally ready and that the endpoint security SOC teams are enabled to execute on capabilities as needed to resolve operational issues or business requirements.
This associate will be responsible for delivering world-class security systems and tools management related to the Endpoint Security space, and will work with other engineers and business units to help spec, build, administer/configure, and maintain critical preventive and detective security infrastructure related to Amgen's endpoints.
- Manage policies and software deployment for endpoint security solutions (SEP, McAfee ePO, Tachyon, Cylance)
- Moderate documentation and analytical skills; documenting processes, policies and standards
- Moderate ability to provide end to end support to enterprise counterparts, identifying root cause of complex enterprise initiatives
- Moderate trouble shooting skills across complex enterprise applications, server and endpoint environments
- Moderate ability to onboard, learn and adapt to new technologies
- Basic experience developing reports for software and version compliance
- Basic knowledge of malware operation and indicators or threat
- Basic knowledge of Windows operating systems (workstation and server)
- Basic ability to write rules, policies and exclusions for antivirus or endpoint security products (HIPS, VSE, etc.)
- Develops, implements, and sustains operational scripts, data structures, libraries and programming code that optimize security in emergent compute patterns with diverse applications throughout the global environment.
- Analyzes, designs, develops and operates programs, shell scripts, tests, and infrastructure automation capabilities in an advanced security context.
- Collaborates cross-functionally with analysts, engineers, data scientists to achieve continuous improvement in cyber defense/resilience.
- Moderate understanding and hands-on experience with windows registry, Active Directory and Group Policy
- Moderate ability to mentor and train others
- Moderate experience with scripting (PowerShell, Python, etc)
- Moderate experience reading and writing documentation for Infrastructure Security implementations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Effective working with global, virtual teams
- Team-oriented, placing priority on the successful completion of team goals
- Basic experience with ITIL processes such as Incident/Problem/Configuration/Change management
- Basic Project Management experience
Associate's degree and 4 years of Information technology experience
High School diploma / GED and 6 years of Information Technology experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in one or more Information Security capability like security monitoring, threat intelligence, network protection, data protection, endpoint protection, technical security assessments, security architecture
- Experience in using and managing Linux-based operating systems and developing Perl or Python scripts
- Practical Knowledge of Information Security standards and policies like ISO 27001/27002, NIST, and others
- Successful management of multiple priorities
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative
- Highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Experience with regulated systems (GxP, SOX) in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare industry
- Experience with technical documentation as it relates to the delivery of information security services in a regulated environment
- 2+ years as a security engineer supporting a multinational organization
- Comptia Security+, CISSP or equivalent security-related industry certifications
- DevOps experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment, build and test automation technologies like ansible, chef, puppet, docker, jenkins, etc.
- Experience programming in compiled (C, C++) and interpreted languages (Python, Ruby etc.).
- Skilled programmer with sufficient experience in high level programming languages such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Visual Basic
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients - we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment. Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.