Black Diamond Therapeutics
is a next-wave cancer precision medicine company. Black Diamond pioneered the development of selective medicines for patients with genetically defined cancers driven by oncogenes activated by allosteric mutations. Using its mutation, allostery and pharmacology (MAP) computational and discovery platform, Black Diamond is uncovering new ways to functionally assess the mutational landscape of individual oncogenes - to discover and validate new targets and develop novel approaches to creating highly selective therapeutics. Black Diamond has an immediate need for a Data Engineer. Reporting to the Director of Computational Sciences & Proteomics, the incumbent will implement bioinformatic workflows and relational databases to analyze and store genomic data. Working closely with a team of scientists with diverse backgrounds, the Data Engineer will contribute to the drive of drug discovery projects to reshape and extend the pipeline of precision oncology medicines.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Implement and maintain databases for storing and manipulating genomic/proteomic data
• Develop web interfaces for genomic data interpretation and dissemination
• Contribute in the design and development of cloud-based bioinformatics workflows
• Responsible for data protection and must have a working knowledge of AWS computing
• Maintain current knowledge of data related technologies, software development and overall best practices.
• BSc. or MSc. in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or a related quantitative discipline.
• 1-3+ years of industry experience
• Excellent programming skills in Python, bash, SQL in a Linux environment
• Demonstrate a solid understanding of statistical concepts, experience with R programming
• Working knowledge of Git or a similar source control tool
• Experience with Docker or other containerization technologies
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Black Diamond Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages all applications. Diversity and inclusion are important core values and will encourage our creativity and growth as a company. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.