Scientific Project Manager
SCIENTIFIC PROJECT MANAGER
Black Diamond Therapeutics is a next-wave cancer precision medicine company. Black Diamond pioneered the development of selective medicines for patients with genetically defined cancers driven by oncogenes activated by allosteric mutations. Using its mutation, allostery and pharmacology (MAP) computational and discovery platform, Black Diamond is uncovering new ways to functionally assess the mutational landscape of individual oncogenes - to discover and validate new targets and develop novel approaches to creating highly selective therapeutics. Black Diamond has an immediate need for a Scientific Project Manager. Reporting to the EVP, Research, the incumbent will drive drug discovery projects through close collaboration with others to reshape and extend the pipeline of precision oncology medicines.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Actively participate in collaboration of drug discovery projects
• Provides project management support to teams and works closely with team leaders
• Create and maintain integrated cross-functional project timelines, preparing team documents authoring development plans and monthly reports.
• Define Project plans that include scope, timelines, milestones, deliverables, key Go/NoGo decision points, major activities, resources and budgets.
• Communicates any changes to an approved plan
• Analyze project schedules and progress to identify potential challenges in meeting objectives and communicates concerns.
• BSc., MSc, MBA or Ph.D degree in biology, chemistry, any related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
• PMP certification is desirable
• At least 5+ years project management experience in a pharmaceutical and/or biotech environment
• Demonstrated track record in application of computational tools to successful advancement of drug discovery projects
• Strong basic science understanding, familiarity with drug development, proteomics, computational chemistry or medicinal chemistry Level will be commensurate with final candidate's experience.
Black Diamond Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages all applications. Diversity and inclusion are important core values and will encourage our creativity and growth as a company. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.