Research Investigator, Discovery Biology
RESEARCH INVESTIGATOR - DISCOVERY BIOLOGY
Black Diamond Therapeutics is a next- wave cancer precision medicine company. Black Diamond pioneered the development of selective medicines for patients with genetically defined cancers driven by oncogenes activated by allosteric mutations. Using its mutat ion, allostery and pharmacology (MAP) computational and discovery platform, Black Diamond is uncovering new ways to functionally assess the mutational landscape of individual oncogenes - to discover and validate new targets and develop novel approaches to creating highly selective therapeutics. Black Diamond has an immediate need for a Research Investigator - Discovery Biology. Reporting to the Director of Discovery Biology, the incumbent will drive drug discovery projects through close collaboration with others to reshape and extend the pipeline of precision oncology medicines.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Lead a biology drug discovery team to validate novel allosteric oncogenes and execute biology screens to effectively drug allosteric oncogene targets
• Participate in a multi- disciplinary team of biologists and chemists to progress programs.
• Staying abreast of the latest scientific and competitive developments and applying knowledge to project strategy.
• Prepare and present hypotheses, on- going progress re ports, technical reports and future planning (including contributing to budgets and business plans)
• Contribute to building a culture that embraces scientific excellence and integrity with a sense of urgency and collaboration with key stakeholders.
• Ph.D. in biochemistry, cell biology, pharmacology or a related scientific field
• 2-5+ years of experience in drug discovery in a pharmaceutical and/or biotech environment
• Experience working with cross- functional teams
Black Diamond Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages all applications . Diversity and inclusion are important core values and will encourage our creativity and growth as a company. Accommodations are available on request for c andidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.