Senior Director, Discovery Research
DIRECTOR/SENIOR DIRECTOR/VP DISCOVERY BIOLOGY
Black Diamond Therapeutics is a next- wave cancer precision medicine company. Black Diamond pioneered the development of selective medicines for patients with genetically defined cancers driven by oncogenes activated by allosteric mutations. Using its mutat ion, allostery and pharmacology (MAP) computational and discovery platform, Black Diamond is uncovering new ways to functionally assess the mutational landscape of individual oncogenes - to discover and validate new targets and develop novel approaches to creating highly selective therapeutics. Black Diamond has an immediate need for a Senior Director, Discovery Research. Reporting to the EVP, Research, the incumbent will drive drug discovery projects through close collaboration with others to reshape and extend the pipeline of precision oncology medicines.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Oversee Black Diamond's unique biology platform to validate the oncogenicity for novel allosteric oncogenes and execute biology screens to effectively drug valid allosteric oncogene targets.
• Direct biology group within a multi-disciplinary team to progress discovery programs.
• Contribute to the development and refining of the overall strategy and vision aligned with company leadership and collaborative partners.
• Mentor team members to understand general principles, generate new ideas, risk assessment and evaluation using BDTx technologies
• Provide strategic input to senior leadership with regard to shaping BDTx's broader precision medicine pipeline.
• Present scientific progres s against goals to project teams, leadership and external partner meetings
• Identify critical path issues, potential bottlenecks and program risks and develop integrated risk mitigation strategies to ensure maintenance of timelines and delivery of program m ilestones on or before schedule
• Build and maintain a strong team dynamic including creating a culture of respect, collaboration, empowerment and team work within the company
• Ph.D. in biology or a related scientific field
• Experience in oncol ogy and kinase targets
• 5- 10 years of experience in drug discovery in a pharmaceutical and/or biotech environment
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills
• Experience working with cross- functional teams in a dynamic multidisciplinary environment
Black Diamond Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages all applications . Diversity and inclusion are important core values and will encourage our creativity and growth as a company. Accommodations are availabl e on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.