Director, Proteomics & Computational Sciences
PROTEOMICS AND COMPUTATIONAL SCIENCES
Black Diamond Therapeutics is a next-wave cancer precision medicine company. Black Diamond pioneered the development of selective medicines for patients with genetically defined cancers driven by oncogenes activated by allosteric mutations. Using its mutation, allostery and pharmacology (MAP) computational and discovery platform, Black Diamond is uncovering new ways to functionally assess the mutational landscape of individual oncogenes - to discover and validate new targets and develop novel approaches to creating highly selective therapeutics. Black Diamond has an immediate need for a Director, Proteomics & Computational Sciences. Reporting to the EVP Research, the incumbent will oversee Black Diamond's unique platform for integrating genomics with proteomics to mine and drug allosteric oncogenes in cancer.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Direct a multi-disciplinary team of scientists in the areas of proteomics, computational chemistry and bioinformatics.
• Contribute to the development and refining of the overall strategy and vision aligned with company leadership and collaborative partners.
• Mentor team members to understand general principles, generate new ideas, risk assessment and evaluation using BDTx technologies
• Provide strategic input to senior leadership with regard to shaping BDTx's broader precision medicine pipeline.
• Present scientific progress against goals to project teams, leadership and external partner meetings
• Identify critical path issues, potential bottlenecks and program risks and develop integrated risk mitigation strategies to ensure maintenance of timelines and delivery of program milestones on or before schedule
• Build and maintain a strong team dynamic including creating a culture of respect, collaboration, empowerment and team work within the company
• PhD in structural biology or related scientific field and a knowledge of genomics and bioinformatics
• Experience in oncology and kinase targets
• 5-10 years in protein structural biology in a pharmaceutical and/or biotech environment
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills
• Experience leader within a dynamic multidisciplinary environment
Black Diamond Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages all applications. Diversity and inclusion are important core values and will encourage our creativity and growth as a company. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.