Clinical Science Associate
The Clinical Science Associate is responsible for the promotion of ACTIMMUNE and achievement of assigned goals, within legal and regulatory guidelines, to customers and accounts within a geographic territory. This includes the identification and development of new customers and accounts within the assigned territory. The CSA is responsible for presenting information about ACTIMMUNE and the services associated with the product to physicians, health care professionals, professional and patient groups, and others involved in the decision making process.
- Achieve or exceed sales quotas or targeted goals.
- Development of a comprehensive, territory-specific business plan which includes strategies and tactics aimed at achieving annual sales goals set by management.
- Support the development and use of Key Opinion Leaders from targeted accounts.
- Consistently targets, develops, maintains and sells to existing customers and accounts. This includes accessing difficult to see customers on a regular basis.
- Routinely identifies and develops new business opportunities within assigned territory.
- Cross Collaboration with various internal and external departments( CNE, HUB, RMD etc)
- Develop strong relationships by understanding each customer's needs, goals, prescribing habits and competitive product standing.
- Maintain a high degree of competence in the areas of product knowledge, disease state knowledge, and industry knowledge impacted by Horizon's products.
- Manage sales efforts within assigned promotional and operational budgets.
- Comply with all deadlines including territory information requests, project assignments and other requests by various company departments.
- Submit accurate and timely expense reports, maintains accounts records and submits timely and thorough account and territory reports.
- Responsible for maintaining a high degree of honesty, integrity, diplomacy, and ethical behavior at all times.
- Successfully complete all required company training.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Education:
- BS or BA from a four-year college or university, preferably in a scientific/medical or business discipline
- 8+ years in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- 2+ years of institutional, specialty or orphan sales experience
- Demonstrated ability to sell in a competitive marketplace
- Product focus on the injectable market, biologics, or orphan drugs
- Two consecutive years of documented sales success in the top 15% of the nation and verifiable performance review ratings of Exceeds Expectations or Outstanding in the last two years
- Strong work ethic
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Maintaining a safe driving record
- Professional, proactive demeanor
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Education:
- Account management or DM experience preferred
- Strong preference for relationships with existing customer base. (Immunology, Infectious Disease, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology)
- Start-up or launch experience preferred
- Travel 50-75% and coverage of large geographies including multiple states
- Overnight, multi-night and/or weekend travel may be required to accomplish desired objectives
- Access to transportation to attend various meetings/events