Director, Access and Specialty Pharmacy Marketing
Accountable for sales and market share generation via new and existing Assertio Therapeutics supply channels (Specialty Distributors/Pharmacies, Payers, other relevant channels) for the entire Assertio Therapeutics portfolio. Collaborates with the Brand Teams, Commercial Operations, Finance and Director of National Account Directors.).
- Responsible for developing and executing overall market access (including specialty pharmacy) strategic and tactical plan ensuring optimal access for Assertio Therapeutics portfolio. Will also provide relevant market/environment insights and strategic/tactical direction pertaining to market access for new product launches.
- Responsible for collaborating with key internal partners (DNAs, Trade, brand marketing, finance, and pricing/contracting) to ensure plan cohesiveness and alignment.
- Primary responsibility for building the market access strategic and tactical business plan and associated processes. Develops the annual market access business plan based on effective market definition, segmentation and targeting. Gains understanding of relevant customer needs, analyze market data, and identify critical market trends and opportunities across all channels.
- Develops and executes brand growth strategies and tactics, including patient access programs that target key channel customers. Gains management approval by presenting detailed tactical plans prior to implementation of programs. Leads all aspects of tactical implementation, including timelines, creation of promotional materials, and training of internal stakeholders and field-based professionals (Managed Markets, Sales Force and Marketing).
- Leads development of all market access resources and pull-through tactics and coordination with Sales Force/Marketing including implementation, and measurement.
- Assumes budget accountability for market access channel activities. Works with finance to monitor spending against budget/forecast. Reports budget results as requested by department management. Also works with internal stakeholders to develop projections for sales forecasts attributed to channel customers.
- Evaluates effectiveness of market access/channel strategies and tactics, including development of program success metrics, evaluation criteria, feedback mechanisms and return-on-investment analysis.
- Interacts with key internal stakeholders to ensure strategies and tactics are linked to achievement of critical business objectives. Key internal stakeholders include Finance, Regulatory, Sales, Managed Markets, Learning and Development, and Contracting. Ensures that field-based professionals (Managed Markets, Sales Representatives) are aligned with brand strategies.
- Manages effective payer agency relationships. Selects vendors for market access programs and projects. Builds effective working relationships with key external customers, including thought leaders.
- Develops relationships with key external customers (to include channel partners, managed markets leaders, patient groups and targeted healthcare providers) in order to maintain a thorough understanding of current market conditions. Effectively manages changes in market conditions related to brand strategy and tactics while communicating potential market impact to Sr. Management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years of Pharma or Biotech experience
- BA/BS required, Masters preferred and/or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience in access marketing and/or specialty pharmacies, and payers is strongly preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to connect analytics with the overarching business questions, and can understand the link between brand strategy and analytic insights
- Manage ambiguity by questioning data and/or stakeholder for further nuanced information
- Can develop new ways of thinking about a problem, in order to provide an effective solution
- Can defend a position when necessary, particularly around forecast assumptions, and is persuasive in negotiations (especially as it relates to senior management)
- Knowledgeable of managed care, and how it may affect a brand forecast
- Demonstrates a continuous commitment to the QC process to ensure quality of deliverables meets or exceeds the Commercial teams' standards
- A proactive self-starter who can lead work independently, with the ability to see the next step and take action without prompting
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to independently prioritize own work
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
Accommodations for Applicants with Disabilities
Assertio is proud to create a culture of inclusion and diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities and to disabled veterans in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process due to a medical condition or disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 224-441-6867 for assistance.
For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.