Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate - Cellular and Molecular Biology
Who we are:
NeuCyte is an early stage biotechnology company that focuses on developing treatments for those suffering from neurological and neurodegenerative disorders. We develop translatable cell-based assays for modelling neuro related disorders using patient-derived and genetically engineered neural cell types to discover novel therapeutics. Based on our SynFire® technology, our proprietary human neural in vitro platforms assess complex electrophysiological and morphological readouts suited for target identification and validation, as well as drug efficacy testing.
What we’re looking for:
NeuCyte is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate – Cellular and Molecular Biology, to join our Neuro Drug Discovery team. The successful applicant must have a strong experience in tissue culture and differentiation of induced pluripotent stem cells.
What you’ll do:
- Generation, maintenance and differentiation of iPSC-derived human neurons and other CNS cell types from various genetic disease models.
- Protocol development, implementation, optimization.
- Compound testing using high-throughput assays.
- Assist in assay development and automation.
- Assist with data management, processing, and analysis.
- Help with day-to-day laboratory duties.
- BSc or MSc degree in biology or related areas with 5+ years of relevant hands-on experience in industry.
- Strong expertise in tissue culture with human iPSCs, reprogramming and differentiation.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Applicants must feel comfortable with the fast pace of a small biotech company and have the flexibility to work on multiple projects.
- Experience with genomic editing techniques.
- Experience in the field of neuroscience and neurological disorders.
- Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
NeuCyte is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and celebrating diversity.