Research Associate / Sr Research Associate
Our client is a late-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing, and commercializing first-in-class muscle activators as potential treatments for people with debilitating diseases in which muscle performance is compromised and/or declining. As a leader in muscle biology research, they are developing small molecule drug candidates specifically engineered to increase muscle function and contractility.
- This individual will support skeletal and cardiac muscle programs by running high-throughput biochemical and/or cellular assays for hit identification and lead optimization.
- Execute electrophysiology experiments for assessment of lead molecules in adult rodent primary cardiomyocytes and run specialized muscle assays, crunch data and generate reports
- The candidate will use data analysis software to analyze large datasets, generate integrated data analysis reports, and provide results to stakeholders in a timely manner. This individual will work closely with our engineering team to optimize and troubleshoot automation workflow processes.
- The position requires a BS/MS in biochemistry, cell biology or related field with 3-5 years of research experience in a pharmaceutical, or biotechnology setting.
- Experience in adult rodent cardiomyocyte isolation preferred
- Prior experience in biochemical and/or cell-based assay development, execution including data analysis and reporting, is required
- Familiarity with automation systems, liquid handling devices and experience with data analysis and visualization software Spotfire including Excel, GraphPad, Abase is preferred
- Quick learner, demonstrate initiative and accountability
- Strong organizational and time management skills, attention to detail and flexibility
- Ability to work independently and in a team-based, multi-disciplinary environment